THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeanie,
That looks really good! I have made German cabbage rolls a few times, but yours with the collard greens and bacon and whiskey is something I am definitely gonna have to make.

I've never eaten collard greens, those look very tasty. So I guess I'll have to see if they have that stuff in the markets out here...
BTW the mac 'n cheese and biscuits look pretty awesome too.
Good Job:thumb: Thanks for sharing.

Jeanie,
That looks really good! I have made German cabbage rolls a few times, but yours with the collard greens and bacon and whiskey is something I am definitely gonna have to make.

Brian I love German rolls... Bet yours are great!! Thanks. :)

I've never eaten collard greens, those look very tasty. So I guess I'll have to see if they have that stuff in the markets out here...
BTW the mac 'n cheese and biscuits look pretty awesome too.
Good Job:thumb: Thanks for sharing.
Rick, there are milder greens out there if the collards are too strong. You can try a few of each. :) Thanks!!

That looks delicious!

Bob, Thank you!

That looks awesome!:clap2:

Biscuits could use some bacon jam :becky:

h00kem, I love the looks of your bacon jam. I think it would be good on vanilla ice cream too. lol Thanks!!

This is EXCELLENT!!
Honestly Jeanie, every one of your cooks blows me away!
I'll bet you can make dinner using shoelaces and guitar picks flavoured with catnip and sassafras!
You're an amazing (woman) person! (trying to be political correct here)

You have MY vote for poster of the year!

I've made Collards for most of my life and absolutely love them. Tomorrow I'm going to make your meat stuffed Collards but I'm using Evan Williams Bourbon instead.

I can't get a word in edgewise in your threads anymore! :becky:

You are so popular, I think you forget about your BFF. :p

Sweet meal, Jeanie! :thumb:

Thank you! :cool:
The rolls were kinda tasty.

lol Michael, you're still my BFF. :thumb:

Your Grillin and recipes never cease to amaze me. As much as I love collards this is a dish I will definitely have to try. Thanks again for the Great post recipe and pron. :thumb:

Your Grillin and recipes never cease to amaze me. As much as I love collards this is a dish I will definitely have to try. Thanks again for the Great post recipe and pron. :thumb:

Thank you J Don! I made these again the other day but used some turnip greens, they worked great too. I think any green will work.
Good to see ya! :-D

I've never had anything like that being from California. Makes me feel like I've been cheated or something. I've just gotta try that Collard green dish. Wow! Really nice meal.

Let me tell you that everybody CANNOT cook greens!!!! If you have ever had some that weren't very good, you probably would not try it again. However, if you have had good greens, fixed southern style, you will love them. My kids absolutely love them because of my mom and she learned from her grandma (my granny) how to make them.

Cowgirls version of it looks good and I will have to try it. Smoked mac n cheese is the bomb also, but I have not smoked a biscuit. Something else that my granny mastered. (Don't tell my mom, but she cant touch grannies biscuits)

Back