Some ribs on the drum

Learning to BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Got inspired by John this morning out cooking in the cold, so got off my butt and dug out the drum, literally, and got some coals lit with some apple pellets thrown in. (Can I call this a pellet cooker?)

bEVFUc6.jpg

Warmed up quite a bit since this morning. It's beautiful out.

l9Zc6oX.jpg

Found these beauties on sale a couple days ago. Never saw back ribs this big before. What I usually find are narrow with very little meat on them.

OS2TtRo.jpg

And a fatty to keep them company

e7URr93.jpg

Great minds, George. I cooked a rack of baby backs and a fatty today, as well. I woke up to 23°, and it warmed up to 26° when I was getting them on. That's very cold for us down here, and I didn't have all that white stuff on the ground like you do. I don't often cook baby backs, but they are my nemesis because they usually turn out dry, but I took them off a short while ago and they actually turned out really good. I hope the same for your cook.

Thanks Ron, I hope they turn out like yours. I rarely cook them either as they hardly ever go on sale and I typically only buy meats that are on sale. Side ribs are always on sale. These are for tomorrows dinner as I'll be busy watching the Mahomes vs Burrow show.

Looks really great!
In my opinion, cooking with these temperature is not really comfortable but helps to appreciate the results! All at all, you have something hot to eat after long time in the cold

Inviato dal mio M2101K7BNY utilizzando Tapatalk

Back