Some grilled jerk pork with PrOn!!

lantern

is One Chatty Farker
There are very few things in life that make me as happy as sitting down to some jerk pork. Well, Bi-Lo had pork shoulder chops on sale for $1.77/lb and I KNEW what was happening today!

Ingredients, 9 shoulder blade chops, 2 small cloves of fresh garlic minced, 2 heaping tbls of walkerswood hot jerk paste, 1/3 cup white vinegar, 1/2 cup of olive oil infused with rosemary and garlic, 1/2 tbsp salt, tsp cracked black pepper and an optional dash of your favorite carribian hot sauce.

Mix all the ingredients except the pork in a bowl and place the pork in a gallon ziplock bag. Pour the contents of the bowl over the meat and mix well. Store for at least 2 hours up to 5. Grill on direct heat with a medium heat. There's a lot of olive oil so be careful. I use grillgrates and a medium heat to avoid flare-ups.

Here's the pics...

Being able to cook sure does make this Atkins diet stuff much easier.:becky:

Looks good. Did you infuse the olive oil yourself or was that bought that way?

I do it myself. I really dig the added flavor and aroma.

I use squirt bottles from Sams to hold most of my oils. One of which is simply filled with EVOO and a bruised sprig of rosemary and two whole cloves of garlic. It doesn't take but a day or so for the flavors to marry. I will top off the bottle as the oil gets used. I usually change the rosemary and garlic for fresh every 2 weeks, but I'm sure it could go longer. I like a light flavor so I don't seal the oil and let it set for more than a day before I'm using it. If you want it really flavored place whatever you wanna infuse the oil with in there and leave it for a week or two.......or just heat the oil up for some super quick flavor. I just like the light fresh flavor my "throw and go" way delivers.:biggrin1:

That looks great and thanks for sharing the oil infusion tip. It's one of those things I have overlooked doing over the years.

I've been outta Walkerswood for waay too long...you made me wanna change that!:clap2::clap2:

I will never be without! I just love the stuff.

On a side note. Talking people into trying it after they first open the bottle is hilarious at times! It's not a looker.....it's an eater!!:becky:

Back