Solo 418 pressure sprayer

masque13

is one Smokin' Farker
I have tried to research this sprayer and even read threads as old as 2012 and unless I missed it I have not seen a definitive answer on whether this sprayer is food safe or not?

I see that Big Poppas website has them for sale there so logically that would seem to indicate that they at least feel it is safe.

I went to the Solo website and didn't see the answer either. For anyone that knows for sure I would appreciate hearing from you or if you have time directing me to the info online in case I have overlooked it. Thanks in advance for your time!

It's what I use to spray my pickle juice or apple cider vinegar. I guess I never really thought about if it was food safe or not, but I'm still here. I do run a dilute vinegar solution through it and then hot water to clean it. I don't ever store my spritz in it more than the length of a cook. I lubricate the piston and all the O-rings with a food-grade mineral oil. Works well. Easy to clean. And it has lasted me almost 3 years of regular use.

I contacted Solo sometime back regarding the 418 sprayer. It has not been classified by them to be food safe. (This could be because they are not going after the BBQ accessory business and thus have not attempted to have it certified for such use) I have used mine for the same thing as jwteng above. Best BBQ sprayer ever in my opinion.

The only thing I ever spray are ribs and I do not do that everytime. Also do not store the vinegar/water solution in the sprayer.

Back