Sold a BGE and I don't work there

bbqwizard

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Phillip
This should probably be in the wood pile, but here goes....

My wife and I were at a kitchen and bath store today that also sold anything and everything BGE. While we were browsing around I saw this Indian couple looking at the assortment of BGE's. Later, I overheard them talking to a salesman about them and asking a bunch of questions. I looked at my wife and she looked at me, then said "go ahead and talk to them about it..ha ha". I couldn't help myself, I had to help them, and help the salesman.

I gently interrupted them and asked if I could "help" by telling them all about how great the BGE can be. I introduced myself and began to tell them how great the BGE can be. After a few minutes, the salesman went about his business and I proceeded..lol We talked for over a half hour about its versatility, and food. They were foodies like me apparently and so we had a lot to talk about. Anyway, they ended up purchasing the large BGE along with some other accessories.

Before my wife and I left the store, the salesman asked for my card, then asked me if I would come cook/demo for clients and distributors etc.

I love talking to people about food, and am very passionate about spreading that knowledge around. I also love to see smiling faces, and by the end of my conversation with that couple, we were all craving fresh Indian food cooked over coals in a BGE. I hope they call me, "Real" Indian food is so flavorful!

Anyway, just wanted to share. To keep this truly about BBQ, i will be doing rib test tomorrow involving loin-backs an spares, skin vs. not etc.. should be fun.

I'm guilty of the same thing. If a sales person is struggling or just giving the wrong information to a customer, I can't help but step in. I would hope someone would do the same for me. :-D

Yeah I did that accidentally at a home show my parents and I went to. The guy tried to tell them there was asbestos in the felt gasket. Asbestos? What idiot would buy a cooker that there was asbestos in the gasket?

I really pissed the salesman off when I told him to not make chit up and go do his research before he opened his mouth.

Anyways give the guy a call and set something up. It's not going to hurt. Plus you can get some free cook time. Free food to eat.

Did he offer you a nice discount on what you bought money does talk IMO

We were just looking for a future remodel. I will definitely remind him about "that time when..." when we place the order.

Back