sockeye salmon on the kettle

jamaicamon

is one Smokin' Farker
Fresh market had salmon on sale. The gentleman said it was copper river salmon. I assume its from Alaska. I never cooked salmon before so went with salt/pepper and lemon. The fish had a sweet crab like smell. I almost tried some raw it smelled so good. Perhaps next time

oZQVOnx.jpg

On the kettle indirect for 15 - 20 min

c2esASY.jpg

I put over the fire to crisp the skin some.

QTtqYTi.jpg

The final product was delicious. I might have over cooked it slightly but I will know next time to pull sooner or try one of the wood planks. I was thinking a nice sauce would be good on top next time.

zWsUt5R.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lookin' real good! It's hard to go wrong with fresh salmon on the grill or smoker.

Looks Great. Copper River salmon is from the Copper river in Alaska. They have marketed it very well and get a good price for it. It is good.

I put only Montreal seasoning on mine and smoke / grill. Cowgirl has some great looking stuffed salmon recipies on her blog and posted here.

Salmon is so versatile. Using Cajun seasoning or teriyaki sauce (at the end) are are normal 'go to' seasonings for Salmon. Blues Hog Tennessee Red Sauce works well with salmon too. Even regular BBQ sauce will taste good on salmon. It sounds strange, but it can work. Good luck!

Back