So you wanna do competition bbq...a sampling of the load up

I know that feeling. Here are a couple pics of my truck ready to go to my second competition a couple years ago. Felt like Jed Clampett of the Beverly Hillbillys, all i needed was Granny on top in a rocking chair. The entire back seat is packed and the passengers seat as well. Ha ha. Luckily, i now have a little larger truck, learned to cut down on what i pack and have a very small (14ft) toy hauler to pack it in.

Attachments

• Truck1.jpg
    Truck1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 168
  • Truck2.jpg
    Truck2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 165
That's nothing. We have an enclosed trailer full and the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. I've streamlined as much as I can, but it still takes a lot to BBQ. It's funny people think competition BBQ is just hanging out drinking beer. Someone the other day asked my husband, "Why does BBQing need a team?" We have 3 Lg BGE's, which take around 2 hours to cushion the insides and tie them down in the trailer. I can't believe you just put yours in the back of a pick-up. We had one of or BGE crack the fire box and break the plate setter coming home from a comp., so we are extra careful now. It's too expensive already! Good luck this weekend!

Eggspert BBQ

Back