So, what's cooking this weekend??

Haven't really decided yet. Going to my brothers on Monday, probably will bring some MONKS, wings, maybe a brisket. Will have to see what looks good and fresh at the market

We have a few folks coming over on Monday (including some hungry college students.) So, I'm cooking 3 racks of BB ribs, 2 small pork butts, and I think I'm gonna try a chuckie too. Oh, and I think I'll make a small batch of Myron Mixon's Redneck Hors d'Oeuvres (kielbasa with rub, then BBQ sauce.)

Having a bunch of friends from college over on Mon. Will be doing a butt, 3 racks of BB, chicken legs and thighs, some brats, and probably a tri tip or two.

For starters, I will be smoking some bacon and BBQing some ribs. After that, I'm not sure.

I am headed down to southern Illinios to pick-up a trailer load of Hickory and then hopefully 4 beer can chicken. I have to get some Schlafly beer for the birds.

I'm making Mexican roadside chicken on the UDS for a friends birthday Saturday. I'm also thinking of ABT's made with buffalo.

Maybe a brisket for labor day.

Not Q related....but I drug out the smoker, switched it over to the straight grill and cleaned it up. I grilled some Ribeye steaks for my sisters birthday. Pretty good if I do say so myself. :-D

Well I did throw some hickory chips on the fire while grilling so there was SOME smoke on those steaks.

Here is a shot of the ribs I did. They were rubbed with a combination of a few different rubs. I had some bottles with remnants in them so I mixed them all up.
The chicken was my neighbor's he halved it, decided against rub or sauce and asked me to throw it in the UDS with my ribs.

foodandhalloweenvids019.jpg

foodandhalloweenvids020b.jpg

Here's one rack of ribs cut up. I had some buddies come over but it was raining so we had ribs and beer in the garage.

Last weekend I smoked some beef short ribs, a fatty, and some ring bologna. Odd, one of my buddies was here for that too...

foodandhalloweenvids011.jpg

Today I made a pork shoulder. It was injected with a marinade I created. I used equal parts root beer and apple juice. I used drippings from the ribs I did the day before as well. Here's the shoulder:

foodandhalloweenvids021.jpg

The juice you see in the pan was apple juice I had added to the foil package when shoulder went to foil. It also had the pan drippings, and little bits of goodness.

foodandhalloweenvids022.jpg

Last edited:
Back