So, what's cooking this weekend??

cheeaa

Full Fledged Farker
I didnt see any thread about this and I'm ready for the weekend. In my head it's already Friday anyway, so what's everone cooking for the weekend?? I'll be doing some burgers and brats while we camp (should suck since it's about 100 here) Friday night into Saturday. Sunday for the family me and the father in law are doing a whole hog in the china box, then monday I'm doing my first beer can chicken!! So, post away!! :-D

Probably be grilling sometime over the weekend. No plans except to make some Italian sausage and some Jamaican Jerk sausage, maybe 5# of each. Tenatively, we'll be doing grilled sausage and peppers on Monday.:mrgreen:

I'll be getting my cooker up to a good 'n' hot temperature this evening, then climbing in the durn thing to clean it out.

Smoked pitmonger is all thats on the menu for tonight, and we'll see about the rest of the weekend.

I didnt see any thread about this and I'm ready for the weekend. In my head it's already Friday anyway, so what's everone cooking for the weekend?? I'll be doing some burgers and brats while we camp (should suck since it's about 100 here) Friday night into Saturday. Sunday for the family me and the father in law are doing a whole hog in the china box, then monday I'm doing my first beer can chicken!! So, post away!! :-D

sounds like fun cheeaa. I want to cook a whole hog someday.

this weekend? I'm thinking what to bbq today and tomorrow! I have tons of meat so i dunno. I might end of making beer can chicken without the chicken.:becky:

2 nine pound butts, 3 racks of spares and my first attempt at smoked mac n cheese. And a keg to wash it all down.

Smoked full length beef short ribs, smoking a chicken in the BGE, Practicing Chicken thighs competition style, and hopefully some tri-tip which I may try reverse searing to see what the fuss is about.

sounds like fun cheeaa. I want to cook a whole hog someday.

this weekend? I'm thinking what to bbq today and tomorrow! I have tons of meat so i dunno. I might end of making beer can chicken without the chicken.:becky:

Yeah we started doing it a few years ago on labor day and have been doing it every labor day since. It's pretty simple to do with the China box, but man is it tasty. And yes, there will be plenty of beers gone before I ever get to the chicken! Hopefully I can save one. lol

I've got a turkey in the freezer that I HATE. Dang thing takes up about 25% of my entire freezer and I'm sick of having to move it around and re-organize every time I buy groceries.
Will also add a few racks 'o ribs (can't have JUST TURKEY at a BBQ, right?) :)

2 pork butts, 2 briskets, 4 racks spare ribs, 4, chickens, and a breakfast fatty for Sunday morning.

2 pork butts, 2 briskets, 4 racks spare ribs, 4, chickens, and a breakfast fatty for Sunday morning.

Oh man does a fatty sound good right about now.... :thumb: I've been wanting to try a chili cheese one. There was a thread on it a while back and it looked ridiculous. Wonder if I can talk the wife into even more bbq this weekend...

Homemade kielbasa, chicken thighs, and a beef shoulder. And possibly a fatty for an appetizer.

Doing a practice run for a cookoff at the end of September. 3 briskets, 4 spares, 3 chickens, fajitas, pintos, beef chili, and seafood gumbo. Hopefully some good pron to post.

Back