THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kroger nearest to me doesn't carry packers but two more do. Choice flats or packers are $7.99/lb. Wally Mart doesn't mention grade and are $3.56/lb.

well wen`t Krogering today brisket 2.99lb. selected two in the 13.5lb range (paid 3.50lb. last week was 4.99lb. two weeks ago ) get to checkout they had not changed price tag meat guy said it would show up at lower price casher was dumb founded could not do 3.00 13.5 =40.5 had to get cell phone to do math high school grad :cry::cry:

Haven't checked in my area this week. But two weeks ago Hy-Vee in Osky had them for 1.99/lb. I picked up three.

Kroger here has choice on sale for $1.99/lb this week. I’ve already bought two and will likely buy 2 more if I can figure out how to fit them in the deep freeze.

That’s a good price per-COVID!

So I wandered into the local Fareway this weekend. Happened to check their brisket price. 4.99/lb.

Little off topic, decided to try wings this weekend with a Weber vortex in combo with a Themoworks Billows. Was surprised at the cost of wings at Sam’s. $3.58lb. Last time I bought they were under $2.00

Brisket

I bought two 15 pound untrimmed choice briskets at Krogers in Tomball, Tx. Paid $1.99 Pound
They had a limit of two. I will probably buy two more today.

Last edited:
Fry's (krogers) has Brisket as their lost leader this week at 1.99. I got three for the freezer and 1 that is going into a corning brine to make pastrami. Real market price is 4.99 or so right now.

Fry's (krogers) has Brisket as their lost leader this week at 1.99. I got three for the freezer and 1 that is going into a corning brine to make pastrami. Real market price is 4.99 or so right now.

Damn...missed my chance!

EDIT: Actually I went this past weekend to Fry's, they looked pretty cleaned out, with the exception of Pork Spares.

Last edited:
Back