snowshoe 2009

Under NEBS open garnish you can use bacon or anything else at all in your turn in. That includes toothpicks and skewers too if you want....wide open.
Be careful with the bacon and reread your NEBS rules carefully. I got a big DQ yesterday for my fatty
nancee

Be careful with the bacon and reread your NEBS rules carefully. I got a big DQ yesterday for my fatty
nancee

The Fatty category was standard garnish. The Burger category was open garnish.

As we discussed, it never ocurred to me that it would be considered garnish
'nuff said...moving on
nancee

As we discussed, it never ocurred to me that it would be considered garnish
'nuff said...moving on
nancee

The NEBS garnish rules cover other things like stuffing, wrapping and chunkiness of sauces. My .02 is when stuffing was allowed for the Fatty it should of been an Open garnish category. Per the NEBS rules, stuffing is Not allowed for standard garnish. As soon as it was allowed thats not really standard garnish anymore.

Under NEBS open garnish you can use bacon or anything else at all in your turn in. That includes toothpicks and skewers too if you want....wide open.

Those are the NEBS rules, but he asked about Grilling on the Bay which is NOT following NEBS rules.

Read your cook's package carefully!

I just wanted to thank everyone who came out for this event again. We had a great time, everything went smoothly, and we raised over $600 for the Abington Food Pantry (which is run by St. Vincent de Paul) IF they take that $ to the Greater Boston Food Bank they get ten bucks on every dollar, which equals over $6000 to buy food for those who really need it right now!!! :shock: They are now feeding more than 42 families a month, which has risen dramatically since last year.

All you guys... teams, guests, judges and all volunteers... are the best, most generous people that I have ever known!! :biggrin:

ONE MORE THING... Gary forgot to mention this at awards but it's pretty farkin' cool so... The GRAND CHAMPIONS of the Snowshoe Grilling Challenge , Wildwood BBQ, gets a free entry to Grillin' On The Bay!

Here are some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lunchmeatBBQ/Snowshoe09#

and I know if you search YouTube, we uploaded a pretty cool video of the top 5 overall being called.

Thanks again and we'll see you all next time!!!

Back