THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T

tech_joshua

I have a Q feast coming up and I thought I'd throw some spicy smoked sausage in the mix. The sausage I bought is already cooked. My initial thought was low heat like 180 for 2 hours. Anyone have any pointers?

I've also double smoked sausage, as Guerry mentioned above, then gave it a little char, diced and added to my baked beans. Mmmm.

I don't see much benefit to re-heating it at that low of temps. I usually throw some on my keg towards the end of the cook. It doesn't take long for it to be ready, especially the pre-cooked/smoked stuff.

Thanks fellas. what about slicing it lengthwise to absorb more smoke?

I dont it all the time. One of my buddies loves it and I will throw some on the smoker specifically for him. It's cheap, it's easy and it's delicious!

I do switch from smoked sausage, to polish sausage and even pepper sausage from time to time.

Back