THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BamaRambler

Knows what a fatty is.
I want o smoke a Ham so for those of you that have smoked a Ham on a UDS, I have a few questions.
1. Do you put the Ham in a pan while smoking it?
2. Do you put a pan below it with juice in it?
3. If no pan, then should i put a diffuser below it?

I'v never used a water pan in my UDS for moisture at all. The UDS does a great job doing it by itself.

I've only smoked one, it was 21.4lbs. I didn't use either a water pan or diffuser and it was done in 9hrs. My avg temp was 260° and I had the skin side down, I also injected it with an apple juice mixture and it turned out very good.

I've done several and have never used a water pan or diffuser. I use Dr. Chickens Sweet Kiss of Death Injection and the hams are delicious :thumb::thumb:

I've done a few no water pan or diffuser. The Dr. Chickens injection mentioned above is very good. I've used apple juice mixed with maple syrup that was also nice.

Back