Contest Results Smokin' On The River, Jeffersonville, IN

Congrats to my buds Podge, and Paul. We couldnt be more happier for them. Also congrats to everyone else who kicked our butts. Great job.

I would say the Judges got it right for i told my family to go to the ballgame instead of the awards if you get my meaning. I hear storys of teams getting calls when their food is bad, well at least that gave me hope.:roll:

In retrospect, not getting a call and being 13th overall is more than we deserved. The Spicewine cooked like a champ, but Im sure if it could, it would have spit the butts and brisket out on the ground or maybe yelled out at me, Hey this chit has been done for 2 hours you dummy.

On a brighter note. Let me tell you about 2 teams that we became friends with instantly. Them Ohio City Boys and The Flying Burritos both went out of there way to help us when we were in need of something very important to us. But they didnt hesitate to share. I wont forget that.

For a first year comp, it was run very smoothly. I know that they cant help what the general public does. I know Dan worked his butt off and he did a great job. As always Phillip & Kathy are great.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was great meeting you and your family this weekend Dale. We feel your pain with the briskets, we could have put a Red Wings label on our box because they were as tough as a work boot! I saw that Sea Hag floating on a piece of driftwood down by the water but didn't pay her a visit, as I'm married and don't smoke:) It was a nice contest though and Phillip and Kathy were great as usual.

Phew, just got home....the sun took its' toll on me so we went ahead and stayed one more night in the hotel. Congrats to Podge....game face was on, but, more than that, I appreciate all of your help!!! See, kept my word....
Congrats to everyone who got called, and it was great to spend time with friends who I have not seen in a while.....
I believe that they will work out the kinks of the first year contest, but, overall, it really was a great turn out.....
Hope all traveled safely home....

Man, Dale. You left Hot Racks and BBQ Stacks off your list. No MBs for you this weekend!

Hey Kendra, I edited out too much. I already said that I quit my team and joined yours!

Is there any extra room on that team?,......saw the Orange uniforms from a mile away...yeah, that is the ticket....orange uniforms.....:twisted:

Wrong team there Rob. That was Smoke Hawg fans.
They call themselves "The Hawgettes"
Hot Stacks didnt cook, they were just hanging out. Nice girls who may take over the BBQ world!

On Edit:
My brain is still a little hot. You got that right its Hot Racks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dale, Dale, Dale...It's Hot Racks man. I think something shook your brain this weekend. Too much vibration. :lol:

Still trying to decide on team color. I like Red HOT! :icon_devil

Speaking of hot, anyone know how to start a smoker? We're going for the team spirit award. Not sure how any of our meat will taste.

Great meeting you guys as well! Oh, and congratulations again!!

Back