Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin' on the River - Glasgow MO, July 16-17

You know that it was Big Creek's fault that it rained. Anyone know the story of the team that packed up and left Sat morning?

I had heard it was Come and Get It that left early - as it was put to me they weren't very happy anyway (something to do with their space/spot) and I guess it all got topped off with the weather/mud and they left. The details were sparse and that was about all I heard from an official source. Kind of shame to come all that way, setup, cook and then leave...waste of time and effort - if you've come that far - hell finish it on out - everyone else is.

We all survived mud fest 2010 :clap2::thumb::becky::clap2:

the team that left has been judging for an while and been giving bad scores over the last few years when they were judging they have be reported to KCBS and they just started to cook again
In my thoughts I think it is funney that they can't hang with us--wether the heat and all of the crap us cookers have to go threw to get our meet turned in on time
the cooking gets ruff and they pack and run :doh:

love you all
that made the weekend
i know the reps and the people of glasgow
where happy that we stayed

Who is "Come and Get It"? They won't be judging here at our contest if they'd ever ask and I'd probably have to advise them against cooking it because it always rains at least a little bit and I have a special place down along the banks of Big Creek I'd be glad to put 'em if they wanna run off like that and also hose our teams with bad scores when judging. If ya can't run with the big dogs, stay the heck on the porch!

We all survived mud fest 2010 :clap2::thumb::becky::clap2:

the team that left has been judging for an while and been giving bad scores over the last few years when they were judging they have be reported to KCBS and they just started to cook again
In my thoughts I think it is funney that they can't hang with us--wether the heat and all of the crap us cookers have to go threw to get our meet turned in on time
the cooking gets ruff and they pack and run :doh:

love you all
that made the weekend

i know the reps and the people of glasgow
where happy that we stayed

That truck that you pull your trailer with. Didn't I see that same truck in the movie Road Warrior? :-D

I almost feel guilty for being on top of the hill and not down in the mud ...almost.....:confused: It was one of the hottest contests we have been to also..not as bad as Pacific last year, but close..

I almost feel guilty for being on top of the hill and not down in the mud ...almost.....:confused: It was one of the hottest contests we have been to also..not as bad as Pacific last year, but close..

Hey, I really enjoyed being at the top of the hill. Going to request the same spot next year. Good meeting you and the other good people on the hill top.

We have competed next to "Come and get it" two times this year. Each time, neither of them would acknowledge us and had a very sour attitiude even when we tried to create conversation. I dont understand why two people would spend so much effort and time trying to kick if they aernt going to enjoy it. Isnt that why we all cook anyways?

Matt

That's part of the fun is getting to know the teams and creating new relationships - it's one of the facets of the sport I enjoy the most - although my wife says I'm awful good about meeting new teams and friends during cleanup time - ROFL!

Hey, I really enjoyed being at the top of the hill. Going to request the same spot next year. Good meeting you and the other good people on the hill top.
It was good to meet you... I am sure we will be seeing you on the circut..maybe next time we can sit around and talk about H Que and their BBQ Secrets...

That's part of the fun is getting to know the teams and creating new relationships - it's one of the facets of the sport I enjoy the most - although my wife says I'm awful good about meeting new teams and friends during cleanup time - ROFL!

tell me how you get your wife to clean up i need to know :heh::thumb:

Back