Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smokin on the Bay - Deale, MD 9/1-9/2

We went to Skipper's last year. :thumb: Good food, just don't get the "Painkiller" to drink, you may be missing a few hours of your life when you wake up.

No, not true. In fact you should all have a few Saturday night.:clap:
:crazy:

Last year, we had some at Skippers on friday, then made a trip to the local liquor store to get the ingredients to make some saturday, then had some more on sunday and still walked away with a 1st place pork call. Glad I had monday off, but the drive home was a rough one.

Brown Liquor BBQ just signed up late last week. Looking forward to it. Of course we'll have plenty of brown on hand...come see us.

Looking forward to getting in on Friday, and enjoying a little extra time. Everything we've heard about last years contest was great!

PSA for those coming from the north:

AVOID I95 THROUGH BALTIMORE

The Baltimore Grand Prix is this weekend and traffic on 95 through Baltimore will be a nightmare. If you come from the North take I695 east across the Key Bridge to pickup I-97 to Annapolis.

From Delaware it might be faster to go down 3 and across the Bay bridge

PSA for those coming from the north:

AVOID I95 THROUGH BALTIMORE

The Baltimore Grand Prix is this weekend and traffic on 95 through Baltimore will be a nightmare. If you come from the North take I695 east across the Key Bridge to pickup I-97 to Annapolis.

From Delaware it might be faster to go down 3 and across the Bay bridge

Thanks for the heads up..we are planning on leaving Long Island 5am Friday morning ...Baltimore probably by 10 am...will that traffic start that early or will most of it be sat sun
Thanks

Thanks for the heads up..we are planning on leaving Long Island 5am Friday morning ...Baltimore probably by 10 am...will that traffic start that early or will most of it be sat sun
Thanks
They're shutting down the streets Thursday night and there are races Friday, Saturday & Sunday so yes, traffic on 95 in Baltimore will suck Friday.

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! Otherwise, we'd have found another way to show up hours after we planned. ;)

For those of you who are thinking that the I-895 Harbor Tunnel to I-97 may be a good alternative, they were doing some work on the bridge at the toll plaza on I-895, so there will be back-ups there as well. Stick with the plan of getting off on I-695 East to the Key Bridge, then pick up I-97. Avoid both I-95 and I-895 in the city at all costs.

Yeppers, the roads will suck this weekend, and add all the holiday traffic on top, and its a mess. Leaving Cecil County early afternoon Friday, get down there, set up a chair and chilax for a while..............

Last edited:
OK, 301 it is. I figured that traffic would be a mess on Labor Day weekend. See you all on Friday. Leaving here between 7:30 & 8.

FYI, since I didn't see it mentioned in this thread:

Hi,
For those Brethren that will be at Smokin On the Bay in Tracey's Landing we (Fat Maxine's) will be collecting any extra food you would like to donate. This food will then be giving to a local food bank. We will supply tupper ware containers that you can box it up in. You can bring it to us right after the final turn in, or after peoples choice. We have done this at our last two comps and with your help have been able to feed a lot of needy people. Please let me know if you are interested either here, or just come up and say hi at the event. We'll be rolling in early Saturday morning. Thanks in advance.
Keith

We Beat Your Meat will be there. Only our 2nd competition but had a blast at the first one and learned a lot thanks to Pepper Monkey BBQ. See you all there.

Anyone get a look at the new location yet? Last year they said it would be on the grassy hill but someone was saying more recently that that might have changed..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Back