Contest Results Smokin on Big Creek Top 10 results

Congrats to all those who heard their name called and to Andy on a GC.

Just back from the contest, congrats to all who walked, esp. the Smoke on Wheels gang with their secret weapon: Arlin and his Darlin. Opps, I just said it, so it's no longer a secret. :heh:

Great seeing all the Brethren there. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:I hope if you came, you stopped by the Brethren site and had a cold Shiner Bock with me. If not, shame on you. :cop:

Great contest Jeff and Stan. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Mod Request : Please keep this thread on topic (the actual results and contest experience etc) ... not a debate about time posting, members employers or other personal, off topic stuff.

Thanks !!

Huge congrats to Smoke on Wheels and the MacRae super duo! (Note to self: feed Arlin more single malt on Friday night). Great event Jeff and Stan! A big thanks to Shane and Vern for all their help and good humor!! Last but not least, a special thank you to Chris (Daedalus) for his insight and help all weekend! Very cool to meet the Poobister and put some faces with so many Brethren - hope we can work Big Creek into our schedule again next year!

Congrats to Smoke on Wheels for an excellent showing! The 180 in chicken sure didn't hurt!! :thumb: :clap2:

Congrats to Stan and Jeff on a successful contest. The field of competitors that showed to cook this was extremely tough. I wish it hadn't of rained Friday as it kept me from getting around and visiting, but being located next to turn ins, I at least got to see many as they walked by. Phil almost caused me to have a stroke, good thing we were only 20 feet away from turn ins, the chicken box got turned in with 19 seconds to spare...:shocked:...

Thanks to Bob for sharing his facilites with us the weekend, and to Jeff for sharing the Spicewine with Jay and myself. Thanks to Diva and Kyle for hosting the potluck Friday night, the food was awesome! Dog, I don't think we ever found the bottom of that cooler of Shiners...thanks!
James, thanks for bringing your Daddy so he could come out and play.

Teresa and I had a great time! Thanks for letting us be part of the weekend.....

Congratulations Andy, Kim, and a bunch of other friends called to the stage!

First, Thanks to everyone for the kind words! What an amazing weekend. Before it even started, we were in for one of the best weekends of the summer. Arlin and Jean were coming up to hang, the Brethren National team was making an appearance, and Two worthless nuts were in town. Couple that with getting to see some other friends like Big T's, that came down to cook... ( and all our local friends) So it was going to be a fun weekend no matter what.

Getting a 180 in Chicken, is still a little unbelieveable to me... and winning a GC in that field of cooks really put me on cloud nine.

The trophy that Jeff and Stan were able to put together this year was absolutely amazing. That pig has to be the coolest thing ever! And to win it with all our friends there, well it fall is one of the top memories I'll have for the year, and we are only in April!!! One of the best moments for me was getting beaten in Brisket by KCass BBQ. Rich and Bunny will get to compete in the Chest to Chest this year with that win, and there isnt a more deserving couple out there. Way to go KCass!!!

Thanks to everyone that made P Hill happen; Jeff, Stan, and all the volunteers like MooCow BBQ, Early Bird, and all the others that were taking care of all the teams.

Well I made it to Cleveland.... Waiting for the flight to Buffalo. Reflecting on the weekend a bit.

First, thanks to Jeff, Stan, and all the volunteers like Shane, Vern, and Cindy. We felt right at home in a new land.

Next, thanks to my brother Rob for inviting me to be a Wothless Nut this weekend. Without your generosity, I would not have had the opportunity to have such a great time. Glad we got the call in brisket.

Fellow Brethren - great to see many of you again. And great to meet so many for the first time. Looking forward to sharing the laughs and fun again soon. Thank you all for all the hospitality.

Finally, congratulations to the Smoke On Wheels Family. It's great to see you at the top of your game. I have no doubt you're kicking off another championship season. Thank you for all your generosity during the short trip. Hope to see you two weekends in a row this May.

It was a great weekend from the contest, meeting the new friends in the area, and getting to share the experience with such great friends.....

I am glad that I got to share it Mike....now we know the rest of the story for the contests out here.....and I look forward to many more.....

A HUGE thank you to all of the volunteers who made it a great contest, Jeff you did a hellova job and set the bar high for other contests.......

Not only the 180, but, the perfect 180, no score needed to be dropped.......great job Andy and Kim......

Congrats to all of the teams! That was a pretty rough field for anyone to play on - lots of great cooks out there in P.H. this weekend. Everyone who got a call really had to have thier "A game" on.
And a very special congrats to Andy and Kim with thier new "good luck charms" Arlin and Jean.

Rookie, congrats on your feat as well.........where else do a bunch of BBQ teams get together to thank a Judge........it was very appreciated

Rookie, congrats on your feat as well.........where else do a bunch of BBQ teams get together to thank a Judge........it was very appreciated

Ditto on that comment. Dave great seeing you and congrats on the Master Judge accomplishment. Well deserved look forward to seeing you again soon!

Jon

As I flashed my beautiful brisket box at Andy on my way to turn in, he was still working on his. Was concerned that something wasn't right and had to work some magic. Nice 2nd place brisket, farker. I'm done taunting you with my turn in boxes. It only makes you stronger.

Proud of you. I've NEVER seen a 180 in chicken. That has to be the hardest category to get a 180 in.

Bunny - Way to rock that brisket! I'm glad you decided NOT to kill Rich Friday night.

Back