Contest Announcment Smokin' at The Ballpark Old Orchard Beach, ME

• Thread starter Lakeside Smoker
  • Start date
to be honest. it's financial. :mad2:

when i say supplied, i mean everything needed except meat and entry fee.

which adds up to @ $500, as y'all know.

to be honest. it's financial. :mad2:

when i say supplied, i mean everything needed except meat and entry fee.

which adds up to @ $500, as y'all know.

It's an investment man! You'll make that money back at the comp.

I spoke to DennyMike this morning. He stated the contest will go on. The kicker is if he does not have 15 teams it will not be a state qualifier. Followed by he's very optimistic that he would get the 15 teams.

We'll see you all next weekend!

We've recruited a few more teams this weekend at NH! I know the team count is approaching 15. A few more couldn't hurt!

-Mike

I'm trying to swing it....rest of team can't make it so I'd have to go solo. Right now it's just a matter of logistics....trying to fit family and enough gear into one vehicle. Turn ins are on Sat correct?

I'm trying to swing it....rest of team can't make it so I'd have to go solo. Right now it's just a matter of logistics....trying to fit family and enough gear into one vehicle. Turn ins are on Sat correct?

Yes, Saturday turn ins. I'll be solo setting up and possibly breaking down solo too. Kris has to work Thursday night and Saturday night. Hope to see you there!

-Mike

Hey Mike, we're all signed up and ready to rock it. Al will be up there around noon if you need a hand setting up, Shaune and I won't be there until after work, probably around 5-6. see you then.

Alright this is probably going to be a train wreck, but when we heard we would be team # 15 so that the competition could be a state championship we couldn't pass it up. I'll be cooking solo and arriving late....it doesn't get much better than this. Damn addiction!

Alright this is probably going to be a train wreck, but when we heard we would be team # 15 so that the competition could be a state championship we couldn't pass it up. I'll be cooking solo and arriving late....it doesn't get much better than this. Damn addiction!

Good to hear!!! I feel your pain about flying solo though! I cooked the Cabela's contest in Scarborough, ME solo last weekend. I was a hurtin' unit after that. But glad you stepped up to help make this a state championship!!! We'll see you there!

Tim
East Meats West BBQ

Cool, me too. I personally prefer to cook solo... fewer distractions!

Nice!! See you tomorrow!

-Mike

I'm up for the challenge of cooking solo (luckily wife will be there to help with organization)....the real challenge is the fact that we can't leave Burlington vt until somewhere between 2-5pm tomorrow going to be a real tight window to get the meats prepped and on the smoker.

We are lucky enough to get half the team up early tomorrow. Gonna cook off two dozen or so sausages and have buns to wrap around em.

All are welcome. Who's in?

Just saw this thread as I've been off the hook crazy busy getting ready for this weekend. The Basic BBQ Team will break our cherry this weekend in Old Orchard Beach. Actually, it's me and the wife as a few other can not make it on the short notice I gave them.

I made my lists and checked em twice. I went from having a few items to being pretty much geared up in six days. The credit card is burning hot!!! I rented a trailer and it is packed and behind the motorhome. I am almost done with my timeline. WEa re heading off Cape Cod around 12"30 and should be on the field by 3:30. I'm excited, afraid, confident and anxious all at once. I love it. As long as it's not DAL then I'll be good.

Looking forward to seeing all this weekend.

PS....I'm pissed my Banner Didn;t get done in time!!!! Hopefully I'll have it for Harpoon...lol

Just saw this thread as I've been off the hook crazy busy getting ready for this weekend. The Basic BBQ Team will break our cherry this weekend in Old Orchard Beach. Actually, it's me and the wife as a few other can not make it on the short notice I gave them.

I made my lists and checked em twice. I went from having a few items to being pretty much geared up in six days. The credit card is burning hot!!! I rented a trailer and it is packed and behind the motorhome. I am almost done with my timeline. WEa re heading off Cape Cod around 12"30 and should be on the field by 3:30. I'm excited, afraid, confident and anxious all at once. I love it. As long as it's not DAL then I'll be good.

Looking forward to seeing all this weekend.

PS....I'm pissed my Banner Didn;t get done in time!!!! Hopefully I'll have it for Harpoon...lol

Sounds like a formula for a good show at awards to me!

I just traded email with "Meat" a little while ago -- I think we'll be rolling in sometime around 2pm today. See y'all there.

Back