Smoker Therapy Day in the House of Piney

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
John
It's been a rough 2 weeks of work, and I'm in dire need of some smoker therapy. Today's cooks are pork belly burnt ends, poblano ABTs, and I'm grilling some shrimp in a bit to snack on. :-D

Pork belly burnt ends:

A 10 pound belly (big slab of meat :-D ) rubbed with Myron Mixon's Basic Meat Rub and on the Assassin at 275. I went bold with the wood - a mix of hickory and mesquite. It cooked for 3 hours until it hit an average IT of about 180. I pulled it, rested it for about 10 minutes, cut it into cubes (lots of them! :-D ), panned them, dusted them with SuckleBuster's Texas Mesquite rub, sauced, and back on the pit with some more mesquite smoke. They're going to ride for another 2 to 4 hours until nicely caramelized.

7LD252Qh.jpg

ll2k1Mth.jpg

cUg985Wh.jpg

yba6Byph.jpg

ABTs:

Four poblano peppers cut in half, seeded, and stuffed with a cream cheese, bleu cheese crumble, and rendered chorizo mix. They're dusted with Oakridge Smoky Chili Lime rub. On the pit for a little under an hour and a half with the belly.....and lookin' good. :-D

DM5hLlYh.jpg

I can't rush the burnt ends, but I will post pics when they're done.

Looks great.

I haven't made Burnt Ends, beef or pork. Not much of a BBQ sauce person. Wonder if they would be fine without the sauce braise?

Thanks!

I've had issues in the past with these drying out. Not this time. I took my time with this cook.

I think I nailed it this time. I'm pretty pleased. :-D:-D

Back