Smoked Turkey Legs

hav

is one Smokin' Farker
Well, you see, I went to Disney recently and kept eyeballin' those Turkey Drumsticks, but because of the wife, the kid, the heat, whatever...I never got a chance to eat one.

Then I thought, oh wait, I can smoke this myself, duh...

Here is the Pecan Rubbed Raw Pron

DSC03916_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Almost 8 hours later, internal temp 170°

DSC03925_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Look at all that BARK!

DSC03929_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

that should make you feel like a king!

hold that bone up high and bang on the table... more ale for the king!

those are great lookin. if they taste half as good as they look, ya got a winner. i go to renaissance fairs for the turkey legs and the wenches. just love them legs. any other info on how to do them?

mmmm turkey legs. They were the first thing I tried to smoke. It was with them, that the addiction started.................

We vended 150 pounds of turkey legs yesterday

Those look great! Is there a trick to keeping the skin from shrinking up the leg? I have only done them twice, and both times the skin shrunk up, leaving some bone showing on the end. They were really good, but I really like the looks of those! Do you brine yours?

Turkey legs are great. They work great at family get togethers with kids. I can never pass them up when I see them. They are also great left over straight out of the frige.

Those look great! Is there a trick to keeping the skin from shrinking up the leg? I have only done them twice, and both times the skin shrunk up, leaving some bone showing on the end. They were really good, but I really like the looks of those! Do you brine yours?
You have to brine them

Always gotta brine them...

brine I use is half cup Kosher salt, 1-1/2 cups brown sugar, tablespoon garlic (grainular), and 2 cups of BBQ sauce to every gallon of apple juice. Dissolve the stuff first in warm water, then add it to cold AJ. Brine 12-24 hours.

most use some kind of rub, but i just season with garlic granules and some cayenne.... then I cookem at 275 for about 3 hours, remove at 175, foil them and rest for about 30 minutes(temps climb).. They fall off the bone.

Back