THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tre77inpc

Nothing special here, just thought I would smoke a 7 lb turkey breast on my OTS. For this cook I am using Stubbs charcoal and Stubbs chicken rub. For the snake, I stacked charcoal 2 wide and 2 high that wrapped around about half of the grill, with three chunks of pecan wood on top. I read a post where someone removed the skin and just seasoned the turkey breast, so I thought I would try it. Here are some pics:

Here's the bird all seasoned up
IMG_5397.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The snake
IMG_5400.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Just put the bird on
IMG_5416.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

About an hour into it
IMG_5423.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Two hours in
IMG_5424.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_5425.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IT just hit 160, ready to come off
IMG_5426.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_5427.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sliced up after a 30 minute rest
IMG_5428.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_5429.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Let's eat
IMG_5430.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Overall, the bird was excellent. It was very juicy. I think for the next cook I will leave the skin on and just season under the skin. I liked the Stubbs charcoal, it didn't seem to create as much ash as KB. I didn't take a pic of the snake at the end but it only burned about half of the snake in two and a half hours. Anyway, I've got some good leftover meat for sandwiches. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Good looking cook, can you share a little more info on your starting product? I've been looking for an "un-enhanced" whole turkey breast product.

Looks delicious! The color on the turkey breast looks fantastic!

Back