Smoked Pineapple

zachg18

Knows what a fatty is.
Anyone have any experience with this?

The idea popped into my head the other day and I looked it up and sure enough people have tried it.

Some of the videos I saw on youtube seemed a bit much though (liquor injections, overnight soaks, etc). Was looking for a more simple recipe for this.

I feel like the pineapple may naturally lend itself well to some smoke without too many extra steps, but I could also see it maybe benefitting from a little rub too.

Would love to hear some thoughts/recommendations!

Never smoked any pineapple. But I have certainly grilled it. Malcom Reed has an interesting recipe I have not tried but might someday. Fireball rotisserie pineapple...

Sure looks good.
Anyways a guy said he smoked one in his Traeger without a rotisserie and just used some foil under it. Said it was good.

https://howtobbqright.com/2017/04/11/fireball-pineapple/

Last edited:
I've smoked/grilled pineapple twice in last month or so. Fresh pineapple cut into thick slices; drizzled with jalapeno infused olive oil and then covered in brown sugar. It was great!

932-E2-BF3-12-A9-4-A7-B-91-AC-D1-A7-ACFD7527.jpg

I've smoked/grilled pineapple twice in last month or so. Fresh pineapple cut into thick slices; drizzled with jalapeno infused olive oil and then covered in brown sugar. It was great!

932-E2-BF3-12-A9-4-A7-B-91-AC-D1-A7-ACFD7527.jpg

Looks great!

How long of a smoke does it need?

Brazilian steak houses do it and it is one of my favorites. I am pretty sure they just rubbed it in brown sugar and bbq whole.

I had them on smoker 10 minutes or so and determined to grill them instead so moved them to gas grill

Back