Smoked corned beef point

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
So...remember that corned beef point I threw on the cinderblock pit? It's the one on the left, and we had some unfinished business.

8vqfqr.jpg

Well, there wasn't enough time to mess with it on cook day, so off into the fridge it went. I did do one tiny test slice after it came off the pit, and man, was it TOUGH! This is after smoking/cooking at 275° for ~4 hours. I expected better than that, but I had planned on tossing it into the pressure cooker anyway so I wasn't worried. Here's a shot pre-pressure cooker.

2hchogw.jpg

And then after it comes out of the pressure cooker. A little quick work with a slicer and voila'.

2ykks47.jpg

Really loved the flavor. I didn't skip putting the seasoning packet in the pressure cooker water like I did last time. Much, much improved on tenderness, although I think it could have spent another 20 mins in the cooker, it was still a bit springy. If I would have taken it directly from the pit to the pressure cooker, it probably would have been fine, but from a 38° fridge, it needed a bit more time. Served up with some cheesy cabbage and bacon, really great combination. I'll definitely be doing this again!

So...remember that corned beef point I threw on the cinderblock pit? It's the one on the left, and we had some unfinished business.

8vqfqr.jpg

Well, there wasn't enough time to mess with it on cook day, so off into the fridge it went. I did do one tiny test slice after it came off the pit, and man, was it TOUGH! This is after smoking/cooking at 275° for ~4 hours. I expected better than that, but I had planned on tossing it into the pressure cooker anyway so I wasn't worried. Here's a shot pre-pressure cooker.

2hchogw.jpg

And then after it comes out of the pressure cooker. A little quick work with a slicer and voila'.

2ykks47.jpg

Really loved the flavor. I didn't skip putting the seasoning packet in the pressure cooker water like I did last time. Much, much improved on tenderness, although I think it could have spent another 20 mins in the cooker, it was still a bit springy. If I would have taken it directly from the pit to the pressure cooker, it probably would have been fine, but from a 38° fridge, it needed a bit more time. Served up with some cheesy cabbage and bacon, really great combination. I'll definitely be doing this again!

I like my PC,,,combo of wood and smoke also,,bet it was good.

Back