THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
The deep frying part was accidental. I lost my first hooked ribs today. I probably did over 20 cooks and never had one drop so I guess I got too complacent. I went out to remove the ribs from the smoker and found one rack of ribs frying in the water pan. I always run empty water pan and use the pan solely as heat deflector and to prevent the fat drippings from hitting and burning on the coal. I don't know how long it had been frying in the oil. I decided to try the most burnt/dried section. It wasn't bad and actually kind of addictive. It was like eating pork tasting fried chicken wings. I could easily eat plate of it. I'm actually thinking about frying it on purpose the next time I smoke some ribs. I think smoked fried beef ribs would be great as well.

-Opened the lid of the WSM and found one rack had dropped and was frying in the fat drippings.
uomknw7.jpg

-Top rack is the fried ribs
3dfuO2x.jpg

-Not bad
orwjJfZ.jpg

Heck yeah I would eat that. Several of our Brethren have posted about eating deep fried smoked ribs. Bottom line there are very few thing you can't fry except maybe bubble gum...:mrgreen:

Fox Brothers BBQ is Atlanta has Chicken Fried Ribs on their menu. Not a personal favorite of mine but it is one of their most popular menu items.

I did some ribs yesterday that turned out badly.:oops: They weren't burned, but they were dry. I am frying fish today, so for fun I think I will bread a few and give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

Back