Smoked and deep fried spare ribs

ulc

is one Smokin' Farker
The deep frying part was accidental. I lost my first hooked ribs today. I probably did over 20 cooks and never had one drop so I guess I got too complacent. I went out to remove the ribs from the smoker and found one rack of ribs frying in the water pan. I always run empty water pan and use the pan solely as heat deflector and to prevent the fat drippings from hitting and burning on the coal. I don't know how long it had been frying in the oil. I decided to try the most burnt/dried section. It wasn't bad and actually kind of addictive. It was like eating pork tasting fried chicken wings. I could easily eat plate of it. I'm actually thinking about frying it on purpose the next time I smoke some ribs. I think smoked fried beef ribs would be great as well.

-Opened the lid of the WSM and found one rack had dropped and was frying in the fat drippings.
uomknw7.jpg

-Top rack is the fried ribs
3dfuO2x.jpg

-Not bad
orwjJfZ.jpg

Heck yeah I would eat that. Several of our Brethren have posted about eating deep fried smoked ribs. Bottom line there are very few thing you can't fry except maybe bubble gum...:mrgreen:

Fox Brothers BBQ is Atlanta has Chicken Fried Ribs on their menu. Not a personal favorite of mine but it is one of their most popular menu items.

Look pretty good for a woopsie.
Many people deep fry ribs in Bali where we go.
They are pretty good

I did some ribs yesterday that turned out badly.:oops: They weren't burned, but they were dry. I am frying fish today, so for fun I think I will bread a few and give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration!

Back