Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smoke Over Veishea

and I wonder how Veishea ever got out of hand. :)

I like handing out samples but when you are not prepaired to do so and the public comes looking because they are expecting it ...:crazy:

and I wonder how Veishea ever got out of hand. :)

I like handing out samples but when you are not prepaired to do so and the public comes looking because they are expecting it ...:crazy:

I was the first to get there this morning to drop the camper before going to work. I talked to the organizers, who had NO idea that was going in the newspapers. They contacted the lady who wrote the article and she said, "I just assumed there would be free samples available, so that is why I wrote that." :twitch: LOL.

Anyway, needless to say this isn't the organizers' fault and they are working to alleviate any problems it may create to the best of their ability.

With the brisk wind that is supposed to be coming in, how cool it will be, and the chance of rain, I'm guessing a lot of people are going to be staying home. Regardless, it is going to be a great time and I am looking forward to seeing everyone and cooking some BBQ!

Good Luck to everyone competing. I wish I could have joined you but finances did not allow it.

They contacted the lady who wrote the article and she said, "I just assumed there would be free samples available, so that is why I wrote that." :twitch: LOL.

And thus another fluster-cluck is born :mad2:.

Yep, she just "assumed" - - - and we all know that "assume" makes an ass of u & me :mad:. You can bet that there'll be at least a couple of drunked-up, pissed-off, hungry arse-holes that will demand to get the free food that was promised to them. So-called "reporters" like that one really need to find a different line of work.

And thus another fluster-cluck is born :mad2:.

Yep, she just "assumed" - - - and we all know that "assume" makes an ass of u & me :mad:. You can bet that there'll be at least a couple of drunked-up, pissed-off, hungry arse-holes that will demand to get the free food that was promised to them. So-called "reporters" like that one really need to find a different line of work.

Dave I hope this does not turn into a Fluster Cluck of a contest. It sounds like a great venue. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was at Iowa State was a bunch of College kids, Beer and BBQ. Combine all of those together and it could get ugly. I hope the "Assumption" that was printed does not get out of hand. BTW are you judging it?

Jon

Hopefully people wont be expecting the samples right at turn in times. That sure would make things interesting.

I think the reporter should be out cooking tonight and let her be the one giving the samples.

Back