Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Smoke in the Valley, Green Lane PA

Q Haven is in. Our first time at this one, and our first KCBS contest of the year. We are rolling in Thursday and staying until Sunday. Looking forward to our first PA comp! Stop by and say hi!

We'll be there and another 'local' looking forward to the short drive.

We're doing the PC ribs....IF, we can find Hatfield's product around us before then.

If you are getting to the contest via the PA Turnpike's NE Extension, you will be heading through Harleysville on Hwy 63 to go to Green Lane. After you cross over HWY 113, you will go about two miles or so and you will see a shopping center on your left called Landis. They sell Hatfield spare ribs there but they are already cut St. Louis style. I don't use them for competition cause I prefer to cut my own and I use another brand but I will use them for People's Choice.

Also, if enough of you are concerned about getting the Hatfield ribs, let me know by Monday. I have a friend who is retired from Hatfield Meats and I can ask him to go to the company store and buy me a case or two.

Cant wait!

Do any of you local guys know of any good beer bars, or brew pubs in the area? Any good local beer in the Green Lane area that I should try?

Thanks!
-Mike

Cant wait!

Do any of you local guys know of any good beer bars, or brew pubs in the area? Any good local beer in the Green Lane area that I should try?

Thanks!
-Mike

I think the closest brew pub is going to be in Collegeville. That's down HWY 29 but probably 30 minutes away. There are closer bars to Greenlane but even though I am not far from there I don't hang out much in that area. The East End Alehouse in Harleysville isn't far from the competition (maybe 10 minutes) and has the following selections on Tap:

April 26, 2012

Blue Moon
Horn Dog
Saison Diego Green Flash
Longtrail Triple Bag
Six Point Resin
Flight
Hoegarden
Coronado Idiot
Lindemans Framboise
Yuengling
Grimbergen
Guinness
Miller Lite
Stella Artois Belgium
Victory Uncle Teddys
Victory ESB
Spaten Pils
Firestone Walker Porter
Port Brewing Company Mongo IPA
Goose Island IPA
Non Alchoholic
Kutztown Birchbeer

I think the closest brew pub is going to be in Collegeville. That's down HWY 29 but probably 30 minutes away. There are closer bars to Greenlane but even though I am not far from there I don't hang out much in that area. The East End Alehouse in Harleysville isn't far from the competition (maybe 10 minutes) and has the following selections on Tap:

April 26, 2012

Blue Moon
Horn Dog
Saison Diego Green Flash
Longtrail Triple Bag
Six Point Resin
Flight
Hoegarden
Coronado Idiot
Lindemans Framboise
Yuengling
Grimbergen
Guinness
Miller Lite
Stella Artois Belgium
Victory Uncle Teddys
Victory ESB
Spaten Pils
Firestone Walker Porter
Port Brewing Company Mongo IPA
Goose Island IPA
Non Alchoholic
Kutztown Birchbeer

with all this beer talk i just wanted to point out that this is NOT a get sauced contest...if it was I would surely win!:boxing:

hope for good weather!
See ya soon!

Cant wait!

Thanks!
-Mike

If you're coming all the way down from MA and you're into beer you may want to check out Shangy's. It's the best distributor I've ever been to. The selection is astounding. I don't think they have a website and it's about 20-30 min away but worth the trip IMO.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1645

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ShangysTHE-BEER-AUTHORITY/195087762600

The same family who owns the East End Ale House has another restaurant Ortino's Northside a 10 min ride the other direction that has these beers on tap. The food here is good as well if you're not already full of Q.

Prism Felony IPA
Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA
Victory Hop Wollop
Lindemans Framboise
Hoegaarden
Shock Top Wheat IPA
Rogue John John Ale
Hop Ruiter Blonde
Franziskaner
Stoudt's Karnival Kolsch
Grimbergen Double
Stella Artois
Guinness
Michelob Ultra
Yuengling Lager
Yuengling Bock
Coors Light
Goose Island Honker's Ale
Lost Abbey Angel Share

If you just want to hang out for some beers and grab a sandwich or pizza, just head into Pennsburg to the PC Pub. They have a couple decent beers on tap and a large menu. 5 min. ride.

Wish I didn't have so much packing to do. Had a blast when the Gnome and i did this contest the first year with our disco lights. Good luck all@!

We will be there mid-friday-morning ... everybody stop by and say hello to the dog!
SGPANDLILLY.jpg

Just sent Shawn an email. Had to cancel. Sorry I will miss my favorite event. Good luck to you guys and hopefully there is a Brethren on the waiting list.

Man, I didn't get to my pc for a day and this thread took off. We will be doing the ribs, and the other two contests.
Good luck to you Mike and we will see you at the next one.
Let's look to do a shot right after the cooks meeting and just before the crowd starts for the ribs.

Back