THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
Ya know when you're in the mood for something and you simply have to make it asap? Well, that something for me was Smash burgers. Seasoned with a bit of Worcestershire and Chicago Steak seasoning, then out onto the Blackstone. 6 oz. burgers -

emVCFpz.jpg

Tater Tots not optional -

YChxWqS.jpg

Flipped, with Muenster -

UfSXCXX.jpg

Brioche buns -

eJN4MHk.jpg

A double stack for me -

1LxUF61.jpg

T5jT7kn.jpg

Yep, this satisfied the craving!

Regards,
-lunchman

Bacon Cheeseburger looks GREAT!!!
For some reason catsup on tater tots just doesn't look right.
I generally think tots are the best potato delivery system. that said, they best accompany buffalo wings and use the tots to sop up that buffalo sauce!!! :D

Great cook. Now I want a burger. But too early for a fresh tomato.
My smash burgers are considerably more loose than shown in your final picture. Maybe it's the meat and/or grind.

My blackstone took a $hit yesterday in the middle of a birthday party. I tried the regulator reset, didnt work, ran ( flew) to Lowes to buy a replacement regulator, didnt fix it. Tried 3 propane tanks all between 1/2 and 3/4 full. I am absolutely done with blackstone. My guess is its the main Knob. Its the dumbest knob i seen on a gas grill/griddle. You have to turn it to trigger the igniter. I gave up and put it on high and used a blowtorch and it still didnt ignite.

My blackstone took a $hit yesterday in the middle of a birthday party. I tried the regulator reset, didnt work, ran ( flew) to Lowes to buy a replacement regulator, didnt fix it. Tried 3 propane tanks all between 1/2 and 3/4 full. I am absolutely done with blackstone. My guess is its the main Knob. Its the dumbest knob i seen on a gas grill/griddle. You have to turn it to trigger the igniter. I gave up and put it on high and used a blowtorch and it still didnt ignite.

Spiders perhaps? I've had that happen many years ago with a gas grill.

As an aside, a few weeks ago I'd grilled bacon and pushed all the bacon fat into the grease drip pan, fitted with an insert. Normally I place the soft cover on the griddle but only had the hard cover on. Something ripped apart the aluminum liner which I found on the deck below. I guess everyone or everything likes bacon. I'm thinking of making some sort of cover from wood, attached with magnets to cover the grease tray. It probably won't stop whatever it was, but it's a thought.

Thanks to everyone for the smashburger love. I had enough ground beef left over to make 6 more after I'd posted this, so I've been in smash burger heaven the past few days.

Back