THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S

sluvsmore

I have alot of small drums (18 gallon) I think. Has anyone tried making a smoker out of these? With the do it your selfers on this web site that is probably a stupid question.

27.5 tall 14.5 o.d. would be perfect for small smokes chicken,burgers,apps or anything for 4 to 5 people.

I have at least 10 here and can probably get more for the asking. I was sure someone here had alredy tried it. The ideas I've seen on this site are unreal many many highly intelligent and creative brethern here.

I knew some one here had done it. did I see 2 racks in that? how well does it hold temp?

Yup, two racks, the Smokey Joe fit, but I found the cheaper Charbroil fit as well and is somewhat taller. Temps hold like a rock, just need to get in and out in a hurry. I usually remove the racks with the food on them if I need to flip or add MOINKS, Abt's.

How far up off the botom is the 1st rack? just started my 1st one today may do 5 or six if they really work

Back