THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I have seen some mighty fine examples of sliced pork in the styrofoam boxes over the last couple years.
I have never tried to slice a butt mostly because I don't have a clue where or how you master pork dismemberers (ok I made that word up)
get those nice slices.
Anybody want to make some sort of tutorial for the process?
If it's a secret science I understand....
Ed

you can use the money muscle, just clean some of the membrane up so you have nice meat or slice the meat from under the horn, remember to pull a sllicing butt off before the others (int temp about max at 185..)

I think what Ed is referring to is butterflying a pork butt for big slices from the middle. Correct?

Kinda, maybe, I think.
All I know is my butts have a big odd shaped bone through 2/3rds of it and I don't see where these big beautifull slices cut across several muscle groups comes from.
If worse comes to worse I'll snoop around the camps at Frostbuster '12 in April.
Surley someone can video the dissection of the butt into slices before then.
Ed

Back