THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
THIS Throwdown encourages multiple entries and this cornbread will be my second entry.

Required Ingredients:

Meat Protein: Dry cured cold smoked bacon

Fruit/Peppers: 'Big Jim' chile peppers

Liquid: 7 Up

Cheese: Hi-temp cheddar cheese

And here is all of the fixins' with the exception of salad oil. I basically eye-balled the amounts of buttermilk and 7 Up until the consistency was like pancake batter, then added everything else

saobwbT.jpg

I baked the bacon first

HRCc4kK.jpg

wAkyopb.jpg

This was added to the batter, and I had the skillet preheating in a 450° Egg, so it was dumped in and cooked until golden.

umBWqVh.jpg

I0h34sT.jpg

I turned it out immediately.

z2H6BwU.jpg

That looks delicious!
I have to ask:
Did that plate filled with fixins make more than one wheel? If not, it really disappeared to all but taste and texture, at least so I assume based on small phone picture and less than stellar eyes.

That looks delicious!
I have to ask:
Did that plate filled with fixins make more than one wheel? If not, it really disappeared to all but taste and texture, at least so I assume based on small phone picture and less than stellar eyes.

umBWqVh.jpg

No. But the amounts might be deceiving because the plate is a salad plate, same with the plate the bacon is on.

The fixin's on the plate are 1 chile pepper, 1/4 cup of sweet corn. 1/4 cup of hi-temp cheese, and 3 strips of bacon. The corn and cheese really did disperse and they did blend in color-wise. The hi-temp cheese does not fully melt, it gets sort of like a chocolate chip in a cookie. All of the specks of color you can see in the picture are either pepper or bacon. The dominant flavor was bacon, but the chilie flavor was in the background.

Looks really good, I would have fried the bacon then ran the temp up on the skillet before I dumped in the cornbread, it's all about the crust for me and bacon grease is the best lol .

You never disappoint with your posts. Well maybe I am disappointed that it's not in front of me :sad:

Impressive/Outstanding.I love some good cornbread! Leftover cornbread,crumbled up in a tea glass and soaked in Bulgarian Style buttermilk with a touch of sea salt and a pinch of pepper is a tastee treat too.

Back