Simple Carne Costa Ribeye

CakeM1x

is Blowin Smoke!
I wanted to grill this but we had some crappy weather yesterday. I know it's not Q but I figured it's some good advertising for our awesome last quarter TD sponsors. So this gave me an excuse to throw one on the cast iron and play around with this new demi glaze I found.

Got the CI to 600 degrees surface temp and threw the ribeye on rubbed with oakridge carne costa. Seared for 3 minutes then into the oven at 375 for 10 minutes. After 10min I took it out and let it rest while I made a sauce. Added shallots and a clove of garlic for a minute then threw in the demi glaze. Reduced til the flavor was right and tossed in some butter. It twas goood!

Steak resting
24165924734_6de5e2ee36_b.jpg

Wife's plate with a celery root gratin and green beans with lemon/parmesan.
24167212033_70a007baa7_b.jpg

I rarely do steaks in a pan unless I want a sauce but this turned out great. The carne costa rub really shines with a good sear. Love the depth of flavor and the wifey loved this meal. Thanks Oakridge!

Y'all are going to talk me into buying this rub one day... Nice looking steak...

Looks and sounds great! Any chance of more info/recipe on the sauce?

After removing the steak from the CI I threw in a roughly chopped clove of garlic and then half a shallot and cooked it for about a minute (before the garlic browns). Then I poured in 1 cup mixed demi glaze. I was walking around GFS and saw demi-glaze so I had to give it a try. I let it simmer/reduce until the flavor was what I wanted then removed and swirled in a TB of butter.

Here is what I got. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Knorr-Demi-Glace-Sauce-28-Oz-Canisters/dp/B001EQ560S/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1454525030&sr=8-2&keywords=knorr+demi+glaze"]Amazon.com : Knorr Demi-Glace Sauce Mix, 28-Oz Canisters (Pack of 2) : Beef Gravies : Grocery & Gourmet Food@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51alAbqzCcL.@@AMEPARAM@@51alAbqzCcL[/ame]

Back