Silverbac Comfort food! Cooking up a storm today!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Well I wanted to try something different for you folks.. Like I always try to do! Fired up the silverbac today for some good ol' fashion beef roast!

Here we go! First up the 5lb chuck roast (paid 12 bucks for it.. good deal). Seasoned with SPOG.

lYNOhqYl.jpg

This is sitting at 160 degree's decided to go ahead and pan it and cook it by its self til 180ish to get some juice gathering in the pan threw it in the oven so I can work on some dessert

OSMBk5Tl.jpg

Panned with Potatos, Mushrooms, Onions, Carrots, beef broth and two packs of brown gravy mix wrapped tight
xlwo4kll.jpg

This is why I cleared the smoker out! Was gonna do two but i needed extra crust.. Did home made apple pie!

dZMcLDzl.jpg

Here's the finished Apple pie!

RbMqagPl.jpg

I will report later on how the apple pie tasted coming out of the smoker and with pics of the finished roast and veggies!

So yeah.. Here's where i'm at.. Gonna be right back where i'm always at.. Meat is colder than it was getting out of the pan to put everything else in.. potato's already starting to cook meat is tough no where near tender.. I think the veggies and broth cooled it down.. So I'm probably gonna end up with over cooked veggies and the meat no where near pullable yet lol

we will see tho!

Here we go! I FARKIN NAILED IT!... No mushy tators.. meat was nice and tender! smoked until it hit 160 IT.. Panned and continued to cook til 180.. then added all my veggies.. cooked at 325 til done.. Tators stayed together but perfect! Best roast and veggies I've done yet! here's finishing pic!

NNytIffl.jpg

And how about some dessert! cookies & cream ice cream and apple pie.. the apple pie was awesome.. I don't think cooking it in the smoker did a whole lot.. maybe a hint of a wood fire cooking it. But still a great apple pie.

E06Dswil.jpg

Back