Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Silver Lake Apple & BBQ Cook-Off Festival

jefr

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Cooked a few contests and judged a few more 3-4 years ago. Really enjoyed it. Looking forward to returning to cooking at Silver Lake! My daughter and I go by Frog's Hair BBQ. Be happy to meet some bretheren if any are there. Stop by for a cider... I'll be the one with the kitchen sink...!:thumb:

This will be my first competition. Hoping things go well. Still finishing up my trailer so also crossing my fingers that it gets done in time as well.

Last edited:
Rubbed Smoked & Sauced will be there Friday morning.

Yeah, what he said :}
A very nice venue and excellent run contest. The GLBBQA "Beak 2 Beak" finals will be held there on Friday, turn in times for the teams who qualified is 8pm.

Scott

I was hoping to make it out to this comp but couldnt figure a way to get my smoker out there for this one. Gunna have to start saving for a truck/trailer ^.^ Good luck to all who are cooking out there wish I could join the fun!

dessert / pork

I would be grateful if anyone who has cooked at Silver Lake can fill me in on how the desert and pork/apple turn ins are handled. I cooked there a few years ago but did not get in the preliminaries. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. For instance do people plate their deserts / dishes and provide utensils? or are they turned in in standard turn in boxes?

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts will be there first thing Friday morning. Looks like it will be chilly Friday night but dry and nice! I've got a solid 4 gallons of Apple Pie making the trip :shocked:

I would be grateful if anyone who has cooked at Silver Lake can fill me in on how the desert and pork/apple turn ins are handled. I cooked there a few years ago but did not get in the preliminaries. As much detail as possible would be appreciated. For instance do people plate their deserts / dishes and provide utensils? or are they turned in in standard turn in boxes?

We cooked them a couple years ago. You can plate in a standard box or use your own dishes.

The organizer, Jeff, is really good at returning emails. Get hold of him and I am sure he can answer your questions. We have been cooking there for a few years but don't do the side categories.
On a side note, some CBJ's have cancelled and they are in need of some replacements.

I will be there but not competing. Just want to take it all in this time, and hopefully start competing next year. I will be on the lookout for some of you though and best of luck

Sweet Racks & Smokin' Butts will be there first thing Friday morning. Looks like it will be chilly Friday night but dry and nice! I've got a solid 4 gallons of Apple Pie making the trip :shocked:

I expect a visit to the amateurs w/ the apple pie!

Back