THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any other Carts or Mods

Anyone else have some cool carts that sit next to your Webers?

I loved the idea of the Performers but had to have the 26.75" :wink:

Weber is such an iconic grilling brand I was disappointed that they don't make a Performer in the larger size.

Like I've said earlier, I'm doing a rebuild from my old grill and most will be done tomorrow from salvaged wood and my repurposed previously dead Kingsford. Nutin fancy just good function. Pics to come, this is a visual medium afterall I hate it when people don't post pics :mad:

I used decking oil on my tops it realy brings out the grin and protects it from weather and stains.
You can get it with a stain in it too
, if you rub it down with steel wool after the last coat it brings it up nice and smooth

Anyone else have some cool carts that sit next to your Webers?

I loved the idea of the Performers but had to have the 26.75" :wink:

Weber is such an iconic grilling brand I was disappointed that they don't make a Performer in the larger size.

Like I've said earlier, I'm doing a rebuild from my old grill and most will be done tomorrow from salvaged wood and my repurposed previously dead Kingsford. Nutin fancy just good function. Pics to come, this is a visual medium afterall I hate it when people don't post pics :mad:

Waiting to see the results. You have seen the cart I made and if ever you want to do something a little more substantial for your 26" kettle, let me know. I always enjoy new projects.

Some great tables there. the one dales133 is building is utterly deluxe while dadsr4 looks very functional. I am looking for some sort of table solution myself. I like the Weber Performer (which is 22.5 inches) except for the charcoal storage, which is handy, but I need to move inside the house due to moisture concerns and the plastic top. It has the very nice lid holder, much handier than the hook built in the dome, tool holder, though it could use twice the number of them for me. And lastly plastic construction which is not my thing.

I'm even a bit leery of wood tables. They work fine, but if I need to set something hot down, I prefer stainless steel or tile surfaces. Something that won't darken or melt. I found a buy locally for a small stainless prep table I use in my kitchen and have been sold on them ever since, except for rolling out pizza dough. I'd love to get something fabricated out of that but it would be so farkin' expensive.

Note: just caught your comment further down about the Performer. Sorry for rehashing that.

I don't have any pics, because it isn't finished yet, but I'm building a table out of the frame from a Kenmore grill that I grabbed while dropping stuff at the dump. It has a solid metal shelf on the bottom, is made of 2x2 square tubing, the two side tables have been moved down six inches to make space under-counter space for utensils and such, and I'm simply planking the top with 2x6 (picnic table style). It's not as slick as the kettle hanging in the gasser frame above, but it gives you a ton of space, can double as a serving cart or buffet (or even a light-duty work bench), and it's super cheap. I guess pics don't matter here anyhow, since it's a really simple build. The hard part is getting all the crud off the old frame since most folks don't clean them. (I've actually taken my grill to the carwash IN my truck more times than I've actually washed my truck!)

I have another one built from a Char-broil frame, but it isn't as slick as this one will be. I have two smokers and a grill, and often use two or all three of them at the same time, so simply having a table has proven invaluable since the little side tables get filled up pretty quick. I'd rather have one thing that's separate and versatile than something attached anyhow.

BTW, if you have uneven ground, find an old push mower and rob the wheels off of it. Since they're adjustable you can level the equipment to the ground instead of being stuck in one area. You may have to build a bracket, but a piece of angle iron with a hole for the bold and another for the tab is all you need.

I made this cart for my weber out of an old gasser.

IMG_3819.jpg
Dude, that is slick. I like how you kept the side burner! Those things are handy.

I am building a new repurposed frame for my cabinet smoker, which has been converted to propane (please don't kill me), and wish I had the side burner on it. I still have the one on my grill, but that's like four whole feet away!:mmph:

I used the side burner to light the chimney for the 1st time yesterday. I did a side-by-side test withe the performer. The perforemer was a little faster because it just has the 2 large flames the reach up into the chimney. Over all, it might have been 5 minutes slower before I have white hot coals.

Back