THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iceboxbbq said:
I stuff them with----------peanut butter

no way? really? I am so gullible. I cooked my first two fatties today, both are almost gone. One stuffed with jalapeno, green onion and probalone and one stuffed with green bell pepper, probalone and red onion. So I am going to cook one more in the morning and throw it in the rice dressing I am going to make.

Beer butt turkey is almost ready to come off as well as the pork shoulder.... brisket in a couple more hours.

I was going to make the grilled stuffed shrimp, but just didn't have the time to wrap all those buggers. Next time I'm sure.

ghostrider said:

Some version of 3-2-1 will work IF you cook cool, like the low 200's. I used to do that, and it worked then.

At 250 to 300, it only takes 2 hours or so to get to 170ish.
They are ready to eat then.
I just foil the extra ones and lay them aside.
I deal with them after I finish the first one :lol:

Adapt the time/ temp thing to your cooking style.

Enjoy.

TIM

no kidding Yes peanutbutter I think they are pretty good even my 73yr old mother loves them

iceboxbbq said:
no kidding Yes peanutbutter I think they are pretty good even my 73yr old mother loves them

I don't know your mother and this is in no way a reference to her, but I just got a picture in my head of a 73 year old lady with her dentures out eating a fatty filled with peanut butter and just fell out laughing!

"Here Grandma, try this!"

BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!

Whew!

My stomach hurts now.

easiest thing is to stuff the ABTs with your pulled pork, brisket works well too. I mark the pork from the beef by using those colored toothpicks.
forgot I throw cheese mixes in there too, experimenting with cream cheese as well

Sliced up some fatties and and threw them on top of some pulled pork and re-heated in the oven for lunch, piled on buns and the mixtue of cheese and pepper just made it! I will be sure to smoke the fatties above the butts next time!

Ok so I thought about doing something sweet in a fatty and decided to try (no, not peanut butter) some mashed sweet potatoes. I mixed them with honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, spiced rum and butter. I thought it could have been sweeter but overall I liked it.

The other one that sprung a leak is cheese, red onion and cream cheese. That's a smoked neckbone in the middle for my greens.

Attachments

• yamfatty2.jpg
    yamfatty2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 540
  • fattiesneckbone.jpg
    fattiesneckbone.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 543
  • yamfatty.jpg
    yamfatty.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 541
Back