Should I get this

HookedOnQ

is one Smokin' Farker
I think i already know what you guys are gonna say but ima ask anyway. I found this on cl for free already talked to them and can pickup after work today if i want it. Im not big on gas but it could be of some use i think.. Its a silver A two burner i dont know much about them so is it even worth my time to go get it... Note its a 45 min ride to pick it up

Last edited:
they usually sell used for a hundred bucks or so. They are a great grill and for free why not. even if you just use it to pre-light some chimneys of coals. or use it as a resting place after you pull the meat from the smoker. i'd be all over it.

Silver series A were well built. I had one I donated to my BIL when I bought a three burner. The silver A was a better grill.

For free? Heck Ya!

It does look like it is in very good condition.:thumb:

I figured these were the kinda responses i would get lol.. Just didn't know if these were anygood. I kinda figured being a weber they were but like i said not big on gassers so didnt know. Looks like ill be picking this up after work..

I have seen Silver B's an CL for under $50. I got mine for $35 and it came with 2 full propane tanks (that was a steal). That said, hard to say what is left of some of the consumable parts inside. The grid, the flavorizers, burners, possibly even the drip tray. I am rebuilding my B, and will have about $150 in it after replacing the burners, grid, drip tray slides, and starter (will see if I can get another year out of the flavorizers). No complaints, $150 is worth it to me.

I dont think you should get it. I think I should get it!

Actually I have the 3 burner version of that same grill with the side burner, that I've had for 9 years. Its been one hell of an awesome gas grill. If he's left it outside without any cover, it may need a little work, but for free....why the hell not?

I've got a 2002 Silver C. If you have to use a gasser, you can't beat a Weber, especially for free. Even if you have to get new innards, it's a deal. Mine works great - I think. I ran out of gas 2 years ago and haven't gotten around to refilling the tank.

Back