THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In answer to the thread title, YES!

Bang for your buck, nothing is more versatile than an OTG. You can neglect them and still get a good decade out of 'em. Baby them with a little extra care and they will last a lifetime.

Even if you plan on getting a WSM or a Kamado, or building an UDS, nothing beats having a Weber 22.5 around.

Oh yeah, use Stubbs too.

She came in today.

Set up. What should I make for her first meal?

I am thinking slow cooked ribs. using the snake method.

I made a fatty today in my MB electric smoker. I was unsure how it would taste, but damn it was good.

Around here, rules say a fatty. I'm not that big into rules, and since you just made one, the ribs sound like a good idea...

^^ Agreed. I've used my 22.5 in a snake method for at least 6 hours before adding more lump. Granted it won't run a full packer without a refill, but it certainly works.

Not true at all. I have cooked plenty of 15lb packers in my kettle. Cook at 300-325 degrees using the the snake method with 2x2x1 and 12-15 lit coals and the snake running about 3/4's of the way around the charcoal grate, top and bottom vent wide open. You will cook that packer in less than 6 hours and still have enough of the snake to cook sides (about 2 hours left on the snake after the brisket comes off)

You made a great buy. IMHO one of the most versatile cookers out there. I am about to take delivery of a Smoke EZ add-on for mine. I have gotten 11hrs of 225 in the kettle before

find one used on craigslist for like $60 and call it a day. I cook for me and my wife mainly and have 3 22.5" webers, 2 golds one silver.

Back