Short Ribs!

I'd walk through a hail storm nekkid to eat those. :hungry:

Normally I'd say, "Pictures, or it didn't happen".
But in this case, I'll make an exception. Thank you anyway.
eusa_hand.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Did you smoke the ribs at all before they went into the liquid or just char them? Looks great.

I had cherry chunks on the coals, so there was smoke, but I wouldn't have called these smoked at all. The sear/char took about 25 mins, then they went it the pool.

You left out your gravy process.... strained the liquid....then?....flour or corn starch for thickener?

You left out your gravy process.... strained the liquid....then?....flour or corn starch for thickener?

Oh yea. I strained the liquid. It went into the sauce pan where I reduced until I had about 2 cups remaining. I added in some additional thyme, salt and pepper to taste, then I added in 1 tsp of corn starch I had mixed with a bit of cold water. Brought that to simmer and then spooned over the mash and short ribs.

• Thanks
Reactions: scp
That looks great!!! How much veal stock and wine did you add to the veggies? How long was the bath for. I think I just found my Sunday cook. Thanks for sharing.

That looks great!!! How much veal stock and wine did you add to the veggies? How long was the bath for. I think I just found my Sunday cook. Thanks for sharing.

+1 on details. This may be my Sunday cook as well. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks.

24 ounces of veal stock and an entire bottle of wine. I would probably cut that down to 2/3 of a bottle of wine and 18 ounces of stock. If I would have had a few more short ribs the pan would have overflowed. Plus, it took a bit to cook down the liquid for a good gravy, but man was it flavorful. And the thyme sprigs added when it was reduced enough added a nice fresh herb punch.

Back