Shirley Fabrications at ST Louis BBQ!!!

Congrats to all - but seeing as how this is a St. Louis BBQ involved thread it's be great to see a pork steak. :hungry:

Cooked on a Shirley would be best for this situation, obviously. :hungry: :hungry:

Very cool news - hope it goes well for everybody involved and I'm guessing it will!

Well, I've been watching the stock...hoping. My birthday and Fathers Day are both in the next month and my wife and mom hinted they would be open to splitting the cost.

As of today the last SF at StLBBQ is marked sold. Dang. So close and yet so far. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the next shipment.

6 smokers gone in less than 20 days.

Great to see the Shirley Fabrication expansion! All I can say is it's going to grow.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIrhcOIYfA8"]ZZ Top- I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide (lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

Well, I've been watching the stock...hoping. My birthday and Fathers Day are both in the next month and my wife and mom hinted they would be open to splitting the cost.

As of today the last SF at StLBBQ is marked sold. Dang. So close and yet so far. Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for the next shipment.

6 smokers gone in less than 20 days.

Hopefully they get more in soon! I saw the last one when I was there on Saturday to order my new smoker. It looked very nice, but I tried not to look at it too hard though. I kept a 2 ft distance minimum at all times. I was too afraid I'd want it too even though I'd have no room for it and no room to store wood, lol.

I see you have a 24x50 standard door...how is it lifting the door? Weight? Difficulty? I recently started speaking to Paul with regard to a 24x50 trailer rig with a warmer. Due to budget constraints, I was planning to forego the cabinet doors in favor of a few other upgrades.

Hi bwram1,

Sorry I just saw this. Life with kids is a hoot so I get sidetracked often. I purchased my cooker from a private seller who bought from Shirley. The door is HEAVY, I'm guessing it's about 30 pounds and I use two hands to open it. I tried doing it one hand and I think I tweaked my shoulder in a weird way. Thus, it's two handed operation from here.

If I could do it over, I would either go cabinet or get counterweights just for ease of use. Even though I know I've got me a REAL cooker just by heft in my hands, it'd be nice to do one hand operation at 3am when I'm keeping the fire alive for my brisket. Paul says counterweights are $200 upgrade but I'd say worth it if you're looking for savings from the cabinets. Part of me likes the aesthetics of the counterweights and my next Shirley may be traditional door with counterweights just because

Capnkrusty,

Check out the Holy Smoker Shirley YouTube video. For a tavern, a rig like that one would have some dramatic effect on customers for sure! I could imagine that thing parked in front billowing smoke from the chrome stacks!! The only reason why a Shirley 30 inch is off the table for me is that I'd never realistically be able to use even half the capacity but man are those things Bad Arse!!

No long waiting list there? Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back