Shirley Fabrication Waiting list

That looks really good, do you know what dimensions he did? I too am curious about the thickness he went with.

I’ll get the exact dimensions when I get home. I just had him do whatever the size of the expanded metal table is. I was gonna secure it from the bottom but it’s pretty damn heavy and don’t move. Plus it’s nice cause I throw my brisket or ribs or whatever right on it any carry whole thing in the house when done.

I’ll get the exact dimensions when I get home. I just had him do whatever the size of the expanded metal table is. I was gonna secure it from the bottom but it’s pretty damn heavy and don’t move. Plus it’s nice cause I throw my brisket or ribs or whatever right on it any carry whole thing in the house when done.

Yeah I think I'm set on doing this instead of the SS shelf. I love the look of the wood and the pricing lol.

Man, I gotta get me one of those cookers - Anyone know a ballpark figure for shipping one of those to Utah? A guess?

Man, I gotta get me one of those cookers - Anyone know a ballpark figure for shipping one of those to Utah? A guess?
Not sure but look up Legendary Services Group LLC on FB. Kevin White. They are the preferred hauler of Shirleys and deliver all over the US.

Last edited:
Mine comes Saturday and I'm totally doing the cutting board idea!

BBQ Scott - when are you planning on buying? maybe we could split shipping costs...

I'm saving up for the 24x36 patio model. I won't be buying this summer but I'm hopeful for spring next year. I'm not sure if you can split shipping since I'm in California. But it's something I can get behind if its possible!

No way to get an insulated firebox on the 24x36?

:sad:

Yes, you can get one, but you have to get in the "Custom" Line and wait your turn and I understand that wait is measured in Years, not Months.

Unless you are going to do a lot of cooking in the Winter, I'm in FL and cook year round, or the heat of the firebox is a safety concern, I'm not sure insulation is needed from the standpoint of efficiency. These things run with minimal airflow into the firebox.

I'm not sure if you can split shipping since I'm in California. But it's something I can get behind if its possible!

Well I just heard from Kevin at Legendary - No combined shipping - he was pretty funny about it - said something like "can I split your paycheck and we can split my bills?" but anyway -No bueno on that - I guess my Shirley just aint happenin' - he said it would be $950 to ship to Utah - I think I can get a lot more cooker for $3000 ... :shocked: :shocked:
But he did say the Bay Area would be "about the same" - I don't know how he can ship another 8-900 miles for the same price but that's what he said....

Wait time is four to eight weeks and It just depends on the other custom builds they have going at the time . At the last minute a lot of people add to their custom build witch pushes them back a week . Also they do have some 36 models that are brand new from time to time in my group . Kevin White is a personal friend of mine and charges a fair price and will get your smoker to you safe and communication is top notch . He has to make money too and that is his only job and try calling a shipping company if you do not think that is a fair price .

Didn't say anything about it not being fair... just makes the total cost of the cooker too high - for my budget. I still wonder how he can ship 1/3 more miles for the same money but that's his business... I'm not a freight shipper.

Last edited:
That shipping cost sure hurts, wow. I'm sure its a fair price BBQ Freak but I see where ASAT is coming from. You are literally paying 50% of your cooker just to get it shipped. My original plan is taking my family on a trip and just experiencing a cross country vacation with our trailer. :D

Well I just heard from Kevin at Legendary - No combined shipping - he was pretty funny about it - said something like "can I split your paycheck and we can split my bills?" but anyway -No bueno on that - I guess my Shirley just aint happenin' - he said it would be $950 to ship to Utah - I think I can get a lot more cooker for $3000 ... :shocked: :shocked:

But he did say the Bay Area would be "about the same" - I don't know how he can ship another 8-900 miles for the same price but that's what he said....

That’s kind of a dick answer he gave you. Anyway, I’d try getting other estimates. There’s lots of shippers out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah - I haven’t given up, I am still considering driving it too. I have been having a hard time finding a one way rental for a pickup truck that isn’t a rip off too, I checked and a one way flight to Tuscaloosa is only $85 - then I could throw it in the back and drive one way....

If you pick up in Tuscaloosa don’t forget you then have to pay sales tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That shipping cost sure hurts, wow. I'm sure its a fair price BBQ Freak but I see where ASAT is coming from. You are literally paying 50% of your cooker just to get it shipped. My original plan is taking my family on a trip and just experiencing a cross country vacation with our trailer. :D

It sucks living so far away for a cooker you want and I feel your pain and have picked up many of my cookers from them myself and is a great experience meeting all the guys that work there . I have also had Kevin White deliver a cooker for me too and was cheaper with the cost of gas and hotel rooms on the way down their too . To ASAT I am not hating on you for Kevin's response but it would be like asking you to work for a pay cut for a week instead of getting paid full and the gas prices driving there and getting back home people do not figure in .

Well that’s one way to look at it or you could say well I’m gonna charge 950 taking one cooker to San Francisco- or I can load two cookers, charge 1250 to go to San Fran and make a quick stop in Utah which is on the way to SF. Then it costs us 625 each and he makes 300 more..... but I’m sure that doesn’t make sense somehow....

Back