Shirley build in progress

You may want to look around at some pics of how big the 5" therms really are, not so sure that's gonna look right on a 50" cooker. ~Just saying.

Plus it looks like you may run into a clearance issue with a 5", have to ask Tyler to check and see if the top latch handle will hit the right door thermometer if a 5" is used when it rotates to the right to unlatch. Looking at your door pictures it sure looks like the top latch will hit a 5" right about 11 o'clock on the bezel.

Mike has some good prices on the 3" glow in the dark Tel-Tru's: https://4thegrill.com/shop/tel-tru-glow-in-the-dark-barbecue-thermometer-short-stem/

I have them on mine and he can see how they look .

How come when I try to add the 5” glow with the 4” stem from KCK it shows a price of $569 and free shipping for one?
https://kck.com/bbq_pit_grill_thermometer.html

If I use this link from above it’s $74.99 plus shipping and it’s from the same website.

https://kck.com/tel-tru_grill_smoker_thermometer.html

It’s odd because it’s the same website.
Anyone else have this issue?

they just updated their website and I would call them or see it you can order from their old website which I did last week .

Those wheels Airless? on Cris spences unit, great looking smokers

Last edited:
Thanks everyone!
I just got off the phone with Tyler asking questions about the burner and a few other things and I have to say, he is a real nice guy. Looking like I will be able to pick it up next Saturday so I will have to decline the offer to hold it for me. I really appreciate it though, it’s a very generous offer. ;)

Will definitely look at the 5” Teltru. Thanks again

I'm pretty sure you completely missed the true meaning of Ron's offer!!
By "hold" he means he's gonna fire it up, fill it with meat and hide it when you come for it and tell you it was stolen.
Ed

She's a beauty! Very close to what I'm planning on getting... is it 2021 yet?? lol congrats man, look forward to seeing your cooks!

They glow bright too but sometimes you have to hit them with a flash light .

Attachments

• 20190308_200850 (2).jpg
    20190308_200850 (2).jpg
    75 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
What a beaut!! I am so close to my new Shirley upgrade. Around 3-4 months out. Really interested in the straight-back with a warmer. My current Shirley has neither.

What a beaut!! I am so close to my new Shirley upgrade. Around 3-4 months out. Really interested in the straight-back with a warmer. My current Shirley has neither.
With the straight back you add a ton of space vertically. When i got my 24x55 i knew it had the capacity of a 30x70 but i didn't realize how much smaller i could have gone. Back then they were only doing 2 racks in the cook chamber. I really should have went with a 24x42 with 4 racks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Here's a before/after comparison I did after swapping to the 5" dials on my 24x60. I don't think they look overly big at all...even on a patio model. I can see where the temps are at across the yard. :thumb:

Attachments

• dials.jpg
    dials.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 140
Back