THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dwabid

Found some matches.
Hi There,

Its been quite sometime since I visited the site and your birthday greeting reminded this is a place I can turn to for advice. :-D

I have a basic slicer from weston

I use it frequently for my smoked bacon, Canadian bacon and occasionally for quick brisket slicing.

I noticed recently that the blade is dull. This slicer does not have a sharpening kit or instructions, like higher end slicers. Does anyone have advice on how I can get a decent edge on this thing?

Thanks sisters and brethren...

Do you have any sharpening stones fr your knives?? You can take the gaurd off and hit it with the stone, can even finish it with the steel, just watch your fingers. should be able to put back a working edge.

Great question, I was just considering the same thing. I tried to hit it with a steel while the blade is stationary and don’t really feel like that did it.

I assume there is some generic tool to place and hold over the edge while it’s running to sharpen??

They make a SPECIAL SHARPENING TOOL for slicer blades, and you actually leave them on the slicer which is cycled on during sharpening. Check with the manufacturer of your machine to see what they recommend.

I have a chefs choice model 615. I’m sure that would fit but I can’t find anyone to sell it?

You still using yours? Can I borrow it?

Back