Share your American Royal 2009 pictures here

Mikd and Angie,
Thanks so much for that. We had a lot of fun watching it as a family last night. Thats the first my girls had seen of the awards. How did you know to have the video, running and pointed at us? I honestly didn't think it would be us, I figured I had bombed in brisket, its cost us a couple GC's or RGC's in the past. Thanks again.

I am pretty sure Smokin'Joe had his camera on you guys the entire time after they got to the Top 10. I would have as well, but my camera ran out of battery.:icon_frow

Like Don said - we weren't expecting it. But right after the brisket calls, we started thinking we had a solid chance at a top 20 overall since we could only think of IA Smokey D's and Jerry King being the only other teams getting two calls (not sure if any other teams did or not).

I remember mumbling to Don after the 6th place team announcement "I'm not likin' this," referring to not hearing our name. That's the last thing I remembered until getting onto the dirt floor and commenting to Don that we couldn't even make it up to the stage.

I had no idea that Darren and Shad both finished in the top 5. And at our spot after the awards I asked Don who got Reserve - well, Cracker was right there too and he let me know he did.

Then until watching this video, I had no remembrance of so many Brethren congratulating us right at our seats.

Back