Selling wares at contests

There are a few events here in the North East that require a member of team to be Food Safe trained before you can vend food. Is it like that in other parts of the country?

team captain

we vend in all fifty states and necessary to pass inspection from health dept as well as pay sales tax to local revenue dept...rules of the game .. :roll:

Sawdustguy said:
There are a few events here in the North East that require a member of team to be Food Safe trained before you can vend food. Is it like that in other parts of the country?

It's normally not a requirement for festivals around here - but since I'm the owner, manager, porter, pot washer, etc. of my business I am certified as a Food Safe Manager.:biggrin: That's was another start up cost and I'll keep it current.

It also helps cover me when I'm working out of other kitchens. You never know when the health inspector might show up.

When you start vending/concessions on a regular basis it's best to cross all the "t's" and dot all the "i's" - and as Road Damage can probably verify, meeting different state and county regulations is a bear.

Dave

In my business (aviation engine repair/overhaul)
The state requires me to pay sales tax monthly and that check goes to Lakeland. I’m sure that is governed based on volume of sales. The State doesn’t want you to get too comfortable with sales tax funds in your account.

I agree keep it legal!!

At large air shows like the Sun-n-Fun show in Lakeland the State is on site to collect sales tax daily... Also to educate those who like to cheat.

See you in Largo if it is still there after tomorrow!!!!

Jimmy,

You are so right about the tax thing - I send my quaterly coupons in even if they are "0" (yeah, zero)...definately want to keep the revenuers happy! :twisted:

I'm pretty sure Key Largo is going to go -- it'll take more than Wilma to stop a Key's party!! We're shooting towards getting there Thursday - if we can find a place to roost overnight. We like getting setup early and being able to kickback a bit on Friday after prep is done. I'm sure Jane will be sending out an email as soon as she can get back into her office at the Chamber.

Back