Selling Out???

Worcestershire sauce on the burgers while they cook makes any burger better.

As for Bob's suggestion of seasoning of the mayonaise, you can also season with a favorite rub.

Thanks for all of the responses. I'm not going to beak my own bank, but some really good ideas. Like a couple said, I hope we could get money for a UDS, because one of those full of shoulders would feed more than everybody, probably for less. I work for a Fortune 100 company and it lacks creativity when it comes to these things. I get a lot of strange looks when I say we can do it better and spend about the same my way.

I get a lot of strange looks when I say we can do it better and spend about the same my way.

Sounds like when I try to offer suggestions to make our softball league on base better. Good luck with it, whatever route you take!

Man that blows...Beef pucks! Too bad you could not get him to spring for raw meat so you could season it up at least... Will suggest this my friend, go get some pepper jack cheese to top the burger pucks with and season with some lowery’s and Montreal seasoning you might also want to think about a light BBQ sauce to baste them as the cook

A good BBQ rub goes a long way on frozen burgers, a nice hot dog sauce (think mustard BBQ sauce here) is also a good addition. As is cole slaw and.or 'kraut.

ask them if they will leave the condiments up to you. if they say yes make a big batch of brisket chilli and go with chilli dogs. (make them the vessel, not the trip)

beans...always and forever.

what about some kind of marinade for the burger type substance? or let em thaw use 2, and make juicy lucys out of em.

For the dogs, shreaded cheese, onion, coney sauce.

For the burgers, bacon, cheese, bbq sauce.

What's to complain about?

I would have a variety of accompaniments, such as salsa, chili, onions, shredded cheese, deli mustard. Also, if you want to WOW them then make some upscale sauces, such as these:

Romesco Sauce

1 cup of roasted red pepper, those are roasted and peeled
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes for some heat
2 tbsp of sherry vinegar for a little acid
2 anchovy fillets for some salt and to give another dimension of flavor
1/2 cup of roasted almonds
4 cloves garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Slow cook garlic in oil until fragrant. Let cool. Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Let it ripen about a day.

Garlic Aioli

1 clove garlic
kosher salt
1 egg yolk
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil

Crush/liquify garlic using salt as a vehicle. Add egg yolk and lemon juice. Wisk in olive oil until complete. Add other stuff as needed.

Orhers: Garam Masala (Indian Spice mixture) or Red or Green curry

I'm to the point where I'm thankful when they give us the slightest little lunch or something.

Ask everyone to bring a dish (dessert, appetizer, salad, veg, etc) and you might have the best darn cookout ever.

BTW what wrong with hotdog /hamburger ?a perfect cookout food

Of course - it's hard to beat a good burger, however a lot of the hockey pucks use stuff that is skirting the edge of "meat by-products".

Read the hamburger chapter in Anthony Bourdain's "Medium Raw".

Maybe he should buy his boss that book, and then ask again about the UDS and some pork butt.

You have 4 options. Just bring in a covered dish on the cheap, bring plastic ware, bring in drinks or call in sick I recommend calling in sick because you will never be appreciated by those that can pay and it will cost a small fortune to prove your cooking ability to those that really don't care. some other time bring in something just for your closest friends.
Dave

Propsinc..................:}-

Cheap Assed Boss, Tell him you need some Blue cheese to stuff the Burgs and wrap the dogs in Bacon( kids love em).Puck Burgers and Tube Stk.:confused:I'd be up his rear and tell this is for HIS employees,Dunm Ass:-D
Anyhow, have fun and

Back