Seeking Advice: Back to Back to Back to Back

Like Rub said, I do it all solo. Buy in bulk, including parsley. I also send myself an email when i run out or going to run out of something when i am at a contest. When i need to add to my list, I reply all in my email. Trim everything ahead of time. Stay on top of things.

Lastly, I've heard rumors that if you bring a certain team from Chicago fresh seafood to a contest, you get extra special mojo

Hadnt thought of that.
I use bigoven.com for my reciepes and it has a shopping list function that would work well like that. (you can add to your shopping list from your phone, computer, Ipad) thinking.... thinking ...

We just finished a 6 week run. Being our first year of competing, it has been a great ride but time for a break. I find myself being very much a creature of habit during each week (hell, I even wear the same clothes each week Friday & Sat of a comp) and follow much of the same advice that has already been shared.. Organization has been key for me/us.

Starting in Sept, we'll have an 11 week run to end the season, should be interesting!

I have done 12 weekends in a row before. Just like Rub and Scottie I'm also a one man show. Just try to plan ahead on purchases and making injections etc. After about the 7th or 8th weekend you'll pretty much turn into a machine. I was glad when it was over with!

We just got done a 9 week run, and gearing up for another 10-12 week go. Take it one week at a time, if it gets to be a problem, dont go. I know that sounds cheesy, but when it quits being fun, its not worth it anymore.

We have a specific plan we follow, we pack the trailer the same way during clean-up, so when we arrive at the new site we are ready to go. When we set up the site, we do it the same way everytime. That takes away the "where the fark did we put something"......

Have a timeline, and stick to it. Ours starts on Monday, and runs thru clean-up. Its good to socialize, and I highly recommend it, but when its time to work, its time to work, no BS.

ask questions, there are alot of good people here on the boards, and they have a ton of information...........

Let us know how ya do!!!

I cooked 6 in 5 weekends last summer. One bit of advice would be dont do it! ;)

Otherwise have a cooler in your car at all times and never say, I can get that later

Lastly, I've heard rumors that if you bring a certain team from Chicago fresh seafood to a contest, you get extra special mojo

Scottie there is already a dozen "stuffies" wrapped in foil and frozen so you should make sure you have room in the rv freezer for your return trip.

We will heat up a bunch on probably Saturday evening for our fellow cook's to enjoy

I cooked 6 in 5 weekends last summer. One bit of advice would be dont do it! ;)

WOW...Thanks for the support there pal. In a related note to your cooler comment...no brisket hunting for this run...Best Buy delivers the new basement fridge tomorrow and a few hours later Fed Ex man better have a couple large boxes.

Back