THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He Phubar,
try to make them saturday the 6nd, we (members of the dutch bbq forum) are going to make them all on saturday and apply for the certificate, our own dutch MOINK day! :-D (because we don't have anything better to do :wink:)

Sounds really good....*sigh*!
Unfortunatly I can't make it because my UDS isn't finished yet and I ain't got somethin' proper to smoke the Moinksz on!
The best I can do is make them in my oven but I don't think that is the qualified way to make them.
Thanks for the invite though!:-D

Herbert

Last edited:
Sounds really good....*sigh*!
Unfortunatly I can't make it because my UDS isn't finished yet and I ain't got somethin' proper to smoke the Moinksz on!
The best I can do is make them in my oven but I don't think that is the qualified way to make them.
Thanks for the invite though!:-D

Herbert

I'm pretty curious about where this UDS is going?

That being said, if Noskos asks for an exemption, that means he needs it. He has Brethren integrity through and through.
quote]

Obviously! I've never seen a pic of the package with bar code required for certification, so the fact that he was up front from the beginning proves his honesty. Congrats to both of you!

Sorry,but I don't know what you exactly mean.:icon_blush:

The pictures don't look like what a traditional UDS is being made. At least a UDS as we know it. This is especially true with the large "door" that appears to be cut out of one.

The pictures don't look like what a traditional UDS is being made. At least a UDS as we know it. This is especially true with the large "door" that appears to be cut out of one.

Thought you were talking about that.
My plan is to make a griller and an UDS,the one with the large "door" is ofcourse the griller.
The UDS I'm trying to make is gonna look a bit similar to the pic below (with charcoal basket).
Don't know exactly who's design that is anymore,I thought Barbarian or Jaronimo.

Last edited:
Phubar: Is that last picture is your post, your own picture? Or did you have it from somebody else?

If it is your own picture: Where did you buy the material for the basket. And where did you buy that kingsford(?) briquettes?

Phubar: Is that last picture is your post, your own picture? Or did you have it from somebody else?

If it is your own picture: Where did you buy the material for the basket. And where did you buy that kingsford(?) briquettes?

Sorry Niek but the last pic is from Jaronimo I think.
Right now I'm sanding the inside,that's my current stage of the build.:wink:
I wanna score the grate for the basket within' a couple of days,most of the guys I asked told me to go to Hornbach.
They have a bigger assortiment than Praxis,Karwei etc.for hardware.
If I find it I will let you know!

Spiffs, congrat on the certification!

Let me re-re-iterate what Spiffs says.

Noskos met up with me, Ron_L, billm, Stoke&Smoke + 1, and Divemaster at the first International Brethren Luncheon in April.

Noskos has been to the States before, and was on a Midwest tour when we caught him (KC, StL, Memphis, I think).

He loves the fact we can go into any market and buy butts, briskets, etc.

He told us, at lunch, how he needs to work various butchers to get certain cuts, then cost is an issue.

That being said, if Noskos asks for an exemption, that means he needs it. He has Brethren integrity through and through.

He will not compromise Brethren quality Q for his guests!!

He is a straight shooter, and I enjoyed the time we all had together.
I'll vouch for Noskos as well... for what good it'll do...

I have no recollection of posting that Saturday night (Sun Morning) Larry, let alone reading the thread.

:shock:

Farking keyboard breathalyzer must be on the fritz
See what I mean.... lol

Back