THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

code3rrt

Babbling Farker
Not sure if this actually qualifies as ham, as I made it from a pork butt, but it sure was terrific!

Started with about a 10# pork butt, wet cured per recipe I found here with a couple little tweaks,left it in the cure for 2 weeks.

Outta the cure.....
KimsHamDinner003_zps73bd0af8.jpg

Here is my cook set up, just KBB with hickory and apple.......
KimsHamDinner001_zps2279893d.jpg

Doctored up some bush's baked beans with onions, bacon, red pepper, chopped garlic and some diced peaches. I tossed those on with the ham at the beginning and let them get some smoke for the first few hours, then just held them til dinner.
KimsHamDinner006_zpsac94f8a7.jpg

Cooks on!
KimsHamDinner009_zpsa0d1c74f.jpg

Started the cook at 225. I ran it at 225-250 for the first 4 hours for some good smoke, then ran it up to 300-325 for the rest of the cook. foiled the ham when it hit 165 or so and let it go to an IT of 195-200. It came out just right, very tender and juicy, but NOT pulled pork.
I forgot to get a shot of the Whole thing when done, but it sure was pretty, here is a sliced shot....
KimsHamDinner016_zps065bcd0b.jpg

Here was the layout for the "family dinner"...
KimsHamDinner015_zps307d10e5.jpg

Ham, scalloped taters, baked beans, broccoli and fresh baked homemade rolls. It was a big hit! I thought that the ham was gonna be to salty, but in the end it was terrific, everyone raved about it, WAY better than the store bought.
A few more shots..........
KimsHamDinner017_zpsc6c12e38.jpg

KimsHamDinner018_zps9baf7204.jpg

KimsHamDinner019_zpsae277c28.jpg

KimsHamDinner021_zpsee8020f1.jpg

KimsHamDinner022_zps62d3c128.jpg

And a plated shot...........
KimsHamDinner023_zps12ef08f1.jpg

There are a couple of things I'm gonna try with the cure, just for my personal taste, but I was quite happy with it.

Thanks for looking all!

KC

Back