THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have only done it once but I think pig candy (with the cayenne in at least a 10:1 ratio with the brown sugar) would be a great way to show off a special bacon. However, if it is extra thick, you may want to nuke it a little first and then take it with you. If partially cooked, it would be easier to get it crisp w/o burning the brown sugar coating.

And my favorite team is any team that beats that team from some "State" university in Ohio.

Go Blue:mrgreen: What state is East Lansing in??

I have only done it once but I think pig candy (with the cayenne in at least a 10:1 ratio with the brown sugar) would be a great way to show off a special bacon. However, if it is extra thick, you may want to nuke it a little first and then take it with you. If partially cooked, it would be easier to get it crisp w/o burning the brown sugar coating.

And my favorite team is any team that beats that team from some "State" university in Ohio.

Go Blue:mrgreen: What state is East Lansing in??

East Lansing is in Meat-Chicken same as Ann Arbor..:cool:

264mj50.gif

Bacon Wrapped Portabella Mushrooms :rolleyes: everyone loves them, I have a horseradish dip that goes with it.

Ok, three pages of responses so someone else probably came up with it already, but bacon icecream, made with pig candy.

man... i really had some good bacon stuff for you, but ya had to go on dissing THE OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY, so i got nuthin.

NO BACON FOR YOU! :biggrin:

i went to University of Cincinnati, U C :eusa_clap

Halushka

1 lb Bacon
1 Pkg Egg noodles
2 Med onions
1 head Cabbage or 1 Bag of Cole Slaw Mix
Salt & Pepper & Red Pepper Flakes

Boil Egg Noodles
In large pan or Electric Skillet Render Bacon that has been cut into 1 inch squares
Do not drain grease. Add onion and saute till translucent then add cabbage cook till it softens. Then add egg noodles and seasonings. Saute for about 5 min then serve.
Add some kielbasa

Back